muskydan666

Pen To Write On Lures?

I use a micro pen. Mine came from Micheals. I would tell you the brand but as usual it can not be found when needed. I believe it is a .01 . They come in a variety of sizes. They are located in the front left hand side of our store. i have had no problems using with epoxy or water based paints. Look for micro pens.

Dan, whatever you use under ETEX needs to be water-based or the solvent in the epoxy can cause it to run. Option 2: shoot a little clear acrylic over your signature to protect it from the epoxy solvent if you want to use a solvent based ink like a Sharpie. Option 3: dip a cheap fine point caligraphy pen in black Createx and sign your lures with that. Mine came from Michael's Crafts, cost a couple of bucks, and will last forever.

Edited by BobP

I have been using a Millennium .05 from ZIG memory Systems. It came from Hobby Lobby/Michaels, etc.. Waterproof, non bleeding, archival grade, pen. I have had no issues with this one either.

With a light touch you can easily sign a bait small enough not to distract from anything. I will look for the .01 pen to try out also. Smaller would always be better. I included a picture to show about the size on average I get with little effort using the pen I mentioned.

craw.jpg

Thanks for the comment.

I got to thinking and my description of the pen was incorrect. The corrected information is:

ZIG Millennium 05 is the pen and has a 0.45 mm tip. They make a Millennium 005 that equal a 0.2 mm size. Also to clarify the Pigma Micron 01 has a a tip size of 0.25 they also have the 005 (0

.2 mm size).

I definitely want to pick up 005 size of either to see how they perform. Signatures have always bugged me, I want to mark the bait but do so in an inconspicuous way. Does it matter of course not but when you are making your own stuff you can be as picky as you want. :lolhuh: