MstormC

Artist Block

13 posts in this topic

Hello All!

Usually when I can't come up with a pattern for a bait I jump on here and look at eveyone else's baits and can come up with something. Except this time I'm drawing a blank and thought it might be interesting to see what you all might think the below bait needs to be finished.

It is a 8" Jake with foil.

Any input is appreciated.

p1020102me.jpg

scale finish flourescent yellow over the back... heck I donno! sparkles, glitter, pearl essence... or just slap some D2T on it and call it good!

a foil gill plate, mayb a darker back or lighter belly, some contrasting spots? i have no experience with painting tho...

X2 on the foiled gill plates. I'd maybe do silver foiled gill plates, White belly and some silver foil perch/firetiger stripes down the side. Then for the back maybe black scales along the shoulders and blend in straight black down the rest of the back and on top. Idk just my two cents. I like the look of silver and blue. lol

1 person likes this

Just remember lighter bellies and darker backs are natures golden rule, so the fish blend in with the sky from below, and the bottom from above.

And red gill edges and chin are strike attractors.

I'd do some red along the gill ,white or something lighter on the belly and some interference scales down the back just my thought for whats its worth

go into the gallery and find a back you like then a side you like and then a belly you like mix it up and paint it add eyes and gills and there you have it

1 person likes this

try one upside down with a white back and blue belly I like the foil gill plate and the red gills and maybe a touch of purple in there.or maybe some black

When I hit snags like this I go online and find something off the wall to paint. Try something like this...

http://cl.jroo.me/z3...opical-Fish.jpg

It is amazing what a different looking fish can do to give you ideas... That or one big headache!

That's not a fish. That's a frog in drag. :huh:

1 person likes this