Brent R

Help With Photoshop

If you are looking to do some basic stuff with Photoshop, you can buy an older version at a discount or even used and have plenty of "horsepower" to do what you need to do. Most of the basics are the same from the last 5 years.... granted the latest versions have some nice features, but unless you really are planning alot of complex editing of things, you probably won't need it. I'd recommend finding a discounted early version of CS... or honestly if you just plan to copy/paste, scale, airbrush, basic distortions, etc.... a pre-CS like Photoshop 6/7/8 would provide you all the tools you'd ever need.

I have purchased both Photoshop and other graphic programs digitally from "overseas" download sites where the prices were very discounted... granted I used my AMEX incase it was a scam, but it was legit and everything worked perfectly (and I still have my house and bank account!!!) May be worth a look.

J.

Edited by SlowFISH

Elements will serve you well for resizing and a whole lot more. Same with Gimp.

I haven't used Gimp for a while, but it did everything I needed it to do and then some. As a long-time Photoshop user my only complaint was that some features took some poking around to find and the keyboard shortcuts were different. If you're not coming from PS you won't have this problem.

I'm back on a Mac after my brief affair with Ubuntu, so I'm also back on PS. Heh.