Juice780

Painting Blank Plastic Bodies

6 posts in this topic

these are my first attempt at painting plastic bodies and i have a few questions about when i put the topcoat on. I dip in a MCU similar to dick nites and should i leave the tape on the bills when i dip and should i put the eyes on or after i topcoat? Thanks for the help

110.JPG

110.JPG

110.JPG

110.JPG

110.JPG

110.JPG

110.JPG

110.JPG

post-27021-0-80494800-1326160684_thumb.jpg

I would take the tape off and put the eye's on befoe I dip. I don't think it would be easy or look very clean if you try to take the tape and topcoat off. I want the eye's under the topcoat to help them stay on.

Todd

Those are some nice paint jobs Juice. X2 on taking the tape off and putting eyes on before topcoat. It would be hard getting the tape off the bill after it gets the coat on it. Putting eyes on before helps keep them on and adds a little shimmer over them too. Keep it up!

Ditto on taking the tape off and putting the eyes on before top coat. I made that mistake first time I top coated a lure. Makes it dang near impossible to get the tape off after.

what everyones been saying. dipping the bill along with the whole body to gives it a nice gloss shine thats uv protected.