Agro

Cannot Find A Rotisserie Fast Enough

Newbie lure builder here!

I have bought 3 different BBQ rotisserie sets and have returned them all. The first one I bought was 2 RPMs and the second I bought was 1 RPM. Where can I find one faster? I'm going to be turning plugs with Bob Smith 30 min epoxy and would like something in the 4 - 6 RPM range so I can build me a turner. From my research, this seems to be about the right speed I need.

I saw some smaller motors on ebay but they don't have the torque like the rotisseries have and I was hoping to turn 10 to 15 baits at once.

Can anyone help me find a faster rotisserie?

Thanks!

Edited by Agro

I've timed mine @ 2 rpm and it does a good job. Lures come out perfect. I've done as many as 10 at one time.

Same here.

I used a rotisserie motor I got from Lowes and timed it at a little over 2rpm. I've used both Envirotex and Devcon, which have very different viscosities, and never had any problems with it. I don't think I could load mine if it was spinning at 4rpm.

If you want, you can order one online from Ace Hardware and they will deliver free to any store you like $18 last I checked.

Just looked online at Ace Hardware and they sell two different ones.

Grillmark (1 RPM) $18.99 : http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3931566&kw=rotisserie&origkw=Rotisserie

Weber ( 1RPM) $79.99 http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3332024&kw=rotisserie&origkw=Rotisserie&searchId=54441069324

Both are too slow :(

Bought mine off eBay, 6 or so rpm, I've had it 6 plus years, have turned 20 bass baits at a once numerous times, I use almost every single day and has never failed me. $10-$12 and the last time I looked they were still on there.

Can you send me a link to the one you are talking about?

I don't know why you would want anything more than 2 rpm. The further away from the axis (right term?) you place the lure, the faster the revolution. I have a 2rpm rotisserie motor I bought used on e-bay for about $8 plus a couple for shipping. I run up to 16 lures at a time and have 1,000 hours on it. I can run it for 12 hours or so and it never gets hot. I am also using BSI 30 Minute Slow Cure Epoxy.

If you build a "ferris wheel" type turner with large plywood discs, the speed of the lures at the outer portion of the disc is plenty fast for even a 1 rpm motor.

And the bbq motors are plenty strong enough to turn them. After all, they're design to turn big pieces of meat, like roasts and even whole turkeys.

I had the same problem, so I ran a bolt from the bbq motor onto a fishing line spool.

I then got some 1 cm elastic joined it to form a "Fan Belt" and ran it onto a cotton spool

works a treat spins rods. I think the new rotation is 5.5 per minute

Tony

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

100_0001_1.JPG

post-28473-0-63302200-1326772554_thumb.jpg

I was finally able to find me a 3 RPM rotisserie in another town near me. Put it all together tonight and this what I came up with. I should be able to turn up to 24 lures at once if I really needed to but I probably wont be doing more than 5 or 10 at any given time.

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

turner.JPG

post-28291-0-09254100-1326784463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Agro