Fisher84

What Type Of Primer

Im having alot of problems keeping createx paint to stick to my baits im using a sherman willimas primer and that seals and binds to the bait great but after that its all down hill after about 100 casts and a little hook rash the water gets between the paint and the primer. Then the EX-74 clear coat and createx paint starts to peel from the primer. any help wpuld be great

What S-W sealer are you using? They offer several types (vinyl, lacquer, propietary) so paint adhesion might be a problem if you don't lightly scuff the primer or heat set the createx paint before applying your finish. Just some thoughts.

What is EX-74 clearcoat? Sounds to me like water is penetrating your clearcoat at the scratches, being absorbed by the latex paint and/or the primer, then pushing the finish off the bait. The way to stop that is to either coat the bait in a thick tough coating like epoxy to stop penetration or to use a coating that will soak into the paint and waterproof it, like moisture cured urethane. 2 part auto clears also seem to work pretty well but I haven't tried them and don't know the mechanism by which they work.