Gentle

A-rig Outlawed

Thats funny! In the salt, the tourney people usually dont care if you use an umbrella rig.

It is funny to ban any rig in any organization. Lately, guys that aren't known for doing well in tournaments around here, start doing well, even winning a few. And the normal guys who usually do well don't like it, and start complaining. Next thing you know it's banned. Wonder if KVD was worried about this thing? I just don't see the A-rig being any worse than those Hydrowaves? I mean, flip a switch, and instantly those bass get horny for lures. Which is worse??? ELITES held too a higher standard my a$$.

Edited by Gentle

The idea of BASS Elite anglers wanting to be "held to a higher standard" is a joke, I agree. They just want to damp competition down and keep the status quo. It's interesting that the Alabama rig has forced them to also outlaw double fluke rigs, forerunners, and dropshots using a jig as the weight - all of which have been used for many years. Otherwise, they couldn't have logically banned the A rig. Also outlawed is using a shallow draft aluminum boat to access areas unavailable to competitors driving 21' fiberglass rigs. Not being a tournament angler, I don't really care what foolishness BASS gets up to.

I don't tournament fish so it doen't matter to me. BASS deals with a lot of $$$$ in the Elite series. They exercised a golden rule ( He who has the gold rules). At least they discussed and got agreement with some of the anglers. So they set new rules. What ever the reason they are now the rules that all competitors know and will follow if they want the $$$. Kind of like some of the race car circuits requiring choke plates on engines to limit horsepower.

Here is the real deal. Most of the bait companies that sponsor bass probably dont make a version of the lure. So in turn they are losing their ass right now. So you tell your sponsored anglers that are on the team that we are going to vote against this thing and walah no alabama rigs. It pisses me off to no end. Or it could be like around here and guys that cant fish the thing yet are getting their ass smoked by the ones that can so we vote against it. I guess they need to ban side imaging, hydrowave, lure scent, low profile reels, and anything not carved from a whales tooth. Track the money and find the problem. Someones a little butthurt about losing money. If they ban them in the local tournaments im going to start bringing home all the fish I catch. So I guess lure innovation is out the window. If you make something revolutionary to fishing bass bans it. I am outlawing them. I will not watch them or buy their damn magazine anymore. Im so sick of premadonnas. Wow ive been waiting all afternoon to vent. Boy do I feel better.

The real question I have about the A rig is not rather the pros should be allowed to use it, but should anyone be able to use it? In My opinion this new rig is going to have serious reprecussions when it comes to the big brood fish in every lake it's fished in. Does it work? Absolutely, but at what cost? If this things fished by the average angler starts leveling the playing field to where anyone can consistantly catch bigger fish and more fish, what kind of impact will it have on the brood fish? I'm not talking about the huge lunkers in the pond, but the brood fish.....those between 12"- 15" which is what I've always read and heard is the prime breeding size for female lgbass. If you start taking out more fish you will have less fish overall for everyone.

I have real concerns that this may actually harm any lake, stream, or pond it's fished in for this very reason. More fishing pressure = less fish. I'm afraid this is what will happen over the long haul with the a-rig.

Just my opinion but I think it's something we all should be thinking about.....

To me, it's kind of like flukes on performance enhancing drugs.

Do they work? Yes.

Do they "violate" the spirit of competition on a level playing field? Yes, on a short term basis, just like any new lure or technique, but the fish will eventually learn. How many of us have launched at a tourney with the confidence of having a new, "secret" bait in our boat?

If the anglers on that trail were involved in the decision, that probably says it all. Everyone there wants a chance to compete on his or her own merits.

Operating within a one rod, one line, one bait framework is what they want.

The cream will still rise to the top.

Striper guides around have been using umbrella rigs on my home lake for decades, and unfortunately for the bass anglers here they haven't all been caught out! I can't see it being any different for bass, it's not gonna catch every fish in the lake.

If the A-rig really hauls in fish like the claims and desimates the bass population, then likely the state game and fish agencies will really fix the problem - like banning the lure or restricting the number of lures like some states already do. May be even limit the numbers that can be taken. Or how about only bass fish on Wednesdays? Then it won't matter what BASS or any tournament org decides. Don't think the bait will do that cause it will likely only work in certain situations. Has anybody tried to throw them into cover like tree tops, hydrilla/moss beds. Then to after all the banjo minnow is suppose to guarantee catches and the only lure you need. Great topic for discussion and BS if nothing else.

The real question I have about the A rig is not rather the pros should be allowed to use it, but should anyone be able to use it? In My opinion this new rig is going to have serious reprecussions when it comes to the big brood fish in every lake it's fished in. Does it work? Absolutely, but at what cost? If this things fished by the average angler starts leveling the playing field to where anyone can consistantly catch bigger fish and more fish, what kind of impact will it have on the brood fish? I'm not talking about the huge lunkers in the pond, but the brood fish.....those between 12"- 15" which is what I've always read and heard is the prime breeding size for female lgbass. If you start taking out more fish you will have less fish overall for everyone.

I have real concerns that this may actually harm any lake, stream, or pond it's fished in for this very reason. More fishing pressure = less fish. I'm afraid this is what will happen over the long haul with the a-rig.

Just my opinion but I think it's something we all should be thinking about.....

Seriously. Did you really mean this. Holy shit. I didnt think liberals fished. I think we should be thinking about how they are fish. Not Navajo Indians. We can restock them. We do restock them. I make these freakin things, and ill tell you unless you know what to throw on one, and how to locate fish you are spinning your wheels. Its just like any other new bait. Yeah it might catch five once in your life. A crankbait might catch two at once. I guess we should ban yo yos and trotlines too. I wish there were MEN left on this planet with some balls, and some brains, with a good moral sense of direction. Seems like all we have anymore are a bunch of sissies. If you cant figure something out, try harder. If something breaks, fix it. When did we start being so gutless about everything?

Seriously. Did you really mean this. Holy shit. I didnt think liberals fished. I think we should be thinking about how they are fish. Not Navajo Indians. We can restock them. We do restock them. I make these freakin things, and ill tell you unless you know what to throw on one, and how to locate fish you are spinning your wheels. Its just like any other new bait. Yeah it might catch five once in your life. A crankbait might catch two at once. I guess we should ban yo yos and trotlines too. I wish there were MEN left on this planet with some balls, and some brains, with a good moral sense of direction. Seems like all we have anymore are a bunch of sissies. If you cant figure something out, try harder. If something breaks, fix it. When did we start being so gutless about everything?

The last time i looked we were in the United States of America....And Knifemaker has a God givin right to have his on opinion about anything he chooses....Just because he doesn't feel the same way you do, doesn't give you the right to talk to him that way. After all he is a human being and must love this sport as i'm sure we all do....His opinion was voiced about the A-rig....not you personally.......

The last time i looked we were in the United States of America....And Knifemaker has a God givin right to have his on opinion about anything he chooses....Just because he doesn't feel the same way you do, doesn't give you the right to talk to him that way. After all he is a human being and must love this sport as i'm sure we all do....His opinion was voiced about the A-rig....not you personally.......

I agree. Calling him out is uncalled for.

Clint, I don't oppose banning the rig. I just voted to make it legal for our Club.

But everyone needs the same chance to voice their opinion, without worrying about being attacked personally. Otherwise, we don't life in America.

I'm pretty sure you came across a lot harsher than you intended, but it does read as a personal attack.

Tolerance is one of the basic concepts that this country was founded on. Our forefathers came here to find tolerance of their religious differences, which was denied in Europe.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

Many have died defending that freedom.

Let's not lose it here at home by being intolerant of each other.

WOW. Thats all im saying.

Really Clint?

I believe it its the personal insults and name calling injected into your argument that Mark and Double are referring to. I suppose it is a good tactic when your all out of rational, fact based arguments for your side of the argument? Attacking the person with abusive insults to discredit them, rather than the subject itself, has no place here and is not welcomed. It only serves to discourage input from everyone on an open forum like we have here. Is this your intent?

Vic

Clint, yes I meant exactly what I said. I could say alot about what you have said and accused me of without even knowing who I am or what I stand for or even do for a living. But, I won't. Suffice to say if you really knew me you would not be saying any of the things you have accused me of being or standing for.

To the rest of you who have answered this post in my defense, Thank You. People like you are the only reason I still read this forum and occasionally post.

Ya'll have a good day.

Really Clint?

I believe it its the personal insults and name calling injected into your argument that Mark and Double are referring to. I suppose it is a good tactic when your all out of rational, fact based arguments for your side of the argument? Attacking the person with abusive insults to discredit them, rather than the subject itself, has no place here and is not welcomed. It only serves to discourage input from everyone on an open forum like we have here. Is this your intent?

Vic

Ok dont forget you asked for it. Its not only my right as a citizen of this country, but above all that, my GOD given right to state what my opinion is. So now that we have the first rational thought out of the way. Lets get down to the business at hand. If you make a ludicrous, unfounded, uneducated remark about something you have no knowledge of I believe someone should let you know about it. I doubt seriously if many of you that have commented on this subject negatively have ever caught your first fish on the a-rig. If you had used this new technique you would realize that your comments about it wiping out broodstock are completely unfounded. Which brings me to the point that I made in previous posts that the anglers that are getting this outlawed in tournaments are exactly like you. Ignorant. Not ignorant in math maybe, or spelling, or even how to cook, but ignorant to the lure. You are a hypocrite my friend. You make outlandish statements on your side of the argument, and expect everyone to high five you. I however being a fisherman in every sense of the word know the truth. I have fished this lure for over three months. I can back up what I say, mentally,and physically. I fished it today. We caught eight fish. Really wiped out the lake. I realize that you being from TN are a little butthurt because you cant use an a-rig with five wires. I hate that for you. I speak from experience with the lure, not maybe, or what if, or any of that jazz. I make lures for fun. I have a business that I run that pays my bills. I fish about 15-20 hours a week in the winter, and probably double that in the summer. You my friend have no dog in this fight, and no reason to speak. You dont have the first clue what fishing one of these rigs is like. So your facts are bullshit at best. You dont know a damn thing you havent read about this lure. If I discourage you from saying something unfounded and ignorant I would think you would appreciate it. Only the people that have used this rig should even comment about it. BASS knows dick about it. FLW beat them to the punch. I had already commented on that subject, and moving right along ive wasted thirty minutes on you. Get a real job, get off the internet, hell go fishing. Do something productive with your life. Fighting with me will only bring you mental anguish. If telling the truth is not welcomed here I understand. The funny thing is KNIFEMAKER hasnt replied once to me. If he has a problem with what I said im sure hes a big boy and can handle it hisself.

Ok dont forget you asked for it. Its not only my right as a citizen of this country, but above all that, my GOD given right to state what my opinion is. So now that we have the first rational thought out of the way. Lets get down to the business at hand. If you make a ludicrous, unfounded, uneducated remark about something you have no knowledge of I believe someone should let you know about it. I doubt seriously if many of you that have commented on this subject negatively have ever caught your first fish on the a-rig. If you had used this new technique you would realize that your comments about it wiping out broodstock are completely unfounded. Which brings me to the point that I made in previous posts that the anglers that are getting this outlawed in tournaments are exactly like you. Ignorant. Not ignorant in math maybe, or spelling, or even how to cook, but ignorant to the lure. You are a hypocrite my friend. You make outlandish statements on your side of the argument, and expect everyone to high five you. I however being a fisherman in every sense of the word know the truth. I have fished this lure for over three months. I can back up what I say, mentally,and physically. I fished it today. We caught eight fish. Really wiped out the lake. I realize that you being from TN are a little butthurt because you cant use an a-rig with five wires. I hate that for you. I speak from experience with the lure, not maybe, or what if, or any of that jazz. I make lures for fun. I have a business that I run that pays my bills. I fish about 15-20 hours a week in the winter, and probably double that in the summer. You my friend have no dog in this fight, and no reason to speak. You dont have the first clue what fishing one of these rigs is like. So your facts are bullshit at best. You dont know a damn thing you havent read about this lure. If I discourage you from saying something unfounded and ignorant I would think you would appreciate it. Only the people that have used this rig should even comment about it. BASS knows dick about it. FLW beat them to the punch. I had already commented on that subject, and moving right along ive wasted thirty minutes on you. Get a real job, get off the internet, hell go fishing. Do something productive with your life. Fighting with me will only bring you mental anguish. If telling the truth is not welcomed here I understand. The funny thing is KNIFEMAKER hasnt replied once to me. If he has a problem with what I said im sure hes a big boy and can handle it hisself.

Might want to look before you post....I actually did respond to your post and would have sooner but I was off the internet making a living.