Kris

Airbrush Problem ....

I disassemble my airbrush and soaked it in Createx AB cleaner overnight. Now it only blows air out the nozzle but no paint. Even if I pulled back on the trigger. Only air no paint. The paint started bubbling in the cup like it would if you were backwashing.

I've taken it back apart and cleaned all the parts again. Checked o-rings, made sure the needle is seated tightly.

I figure the answer is simple .... it just escapes me ....

In fact I cleaned 2 ABs and this one is giving me problems ....

The nozzle is most likely clogged with dried paint. Soak it in Createx Airbrush Restorer for at least a couple hours. The Airbrush Restorer is different than the cleaner. It softens dried paint where the cleaner doesn't. After the dried paint is softened you will most likely have to use an airbrush needle to dig it out with. If you don't loosen the dried paint it will be fairly hard to get it all out.

Ben

put the brush together without the needle in it and spray into the tip with some carb cleaner using the tube that comes with it (same as back flushing just using something better) it wont hurt anything and will clean out ANY paint in the tip. reinstall the needle in the brush rinse with warm water and spray some paint

Edited by crankpaint

Hi all... I'm pretty new to painting baits and to the forum as well, but I wanted to mention that I use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my airbrush parts. I had one for cleaning tattoo equipment and it works great so I decided to use it for my air brush and it seems to do a great job. You can get a small one for under $50 and most Walmarts and Targets carry a concentrated ultrasonic cleaning solution in their jewelry department.

I break the brush down and run them in the cleaner for about 20 min then rinse it all off well. The only thing I don't put in there is the needle because things can move around and I don't want to take a chance on hooking or warping the needle tip.

It makes the wife’s wedding ring all sparkly again too which serves as a nice distraction so I can sneak away and get back to painting.

• Like 1

Hi all... I'm pretty new to painting baits and to the forum as well, but I wanted to mention that I use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my airbrush parts. I had one for cleaning tattoo equipment and it works great so I decided to use it for my air brush and it seems to do a great job. You can get a small one for under $50 and most Walmarts and Targets carry a concentrated ultrasonic cleaning solution in their jewelry department.

I break the brush down and run them in the cleaner for about 20 min then rinse it all off well. The only thing I don't put in there is the needle because things can move around and I don't want to take a chance on hooking or warping the needle tip.

It makes the wife’s wedding ring all sparkly again too which serves as a nice distraction so I can sneak away and get back to painting.

Haha! I guess a $50 cleaner is cheaper than new jewelry! Very smart, now that's how you buy a "toy" for yourself and justify it!

Update on my airbrush problem ...

As I was removing the nozzle cap to once again clean my AB I decided to remove the plumbers tap I had around the screws the nozzle cap screws onto.

After I go all the tape (not a lot) removed I decided to see if that made any difference and put the nozzle cap back on and sprayed some water and the paint through the AB.

AB was back to normal :?

Any idea why the plumber tape would keep the paint from spraying? I've never had a problem with the tape around the screws before.