RayburnGuy

Pvc Trim Board

I've tried the stuff your talking about and thought it was too porous . The AZEK brand seems to have a more uniform density and can be sanded smooth much easier. If you look at the edge you'll see the difference. It's a bit pricey but if you like it, just hit up some contractors for their scraps. I got a lifetime supply from one job site.

I went to ACE Hardware and asked for PVC brickmold. I like using it v/s the AZEK as it hand sands easier and I feel I can get a better finish on it. I do however seal with a lite coat of e-tex before I paint.

I'm def not very good but just a few things I found when I was trying a few things out. Def like using the PVC over wood.

The AZEK was def alot denser than the brickmold trim.

I made some 3" long crankbaits out of PVC brick mold I got from a contractor friend. I was easy to work with. One thing I noticed was that I needed to add more ballast than I thought I would need. Did the water bouyancy test to get neutral float I wanted. I didn't split the body. just cut a slot for thru wire construction so I had limited space to insert weights. Next time I will split the body and make space for more weight for a sinking vesion. If AZEK is more dense then it may make a difference in ballasting.