largemouthlad

Looking Into Getting A Lathe....which One ?

14 posts in this topic

I have mine setting on a small improvised table. Not bolted down or anything. Very heavy! This machine is smooth and quite. Belt driven. No vibration. I have no complaints.

ok so tall skinny and thin is not going to do the trick haha sounds like i need a heavier small metal frame belt driven lathe.

Have you used a lathe before? If not I would suggest that you try to join a wood turning club or try to get with another member who lives close by who make their baits on a lathe. That Ridgid lathe would do just fine for turning baits and other small spindle work e.g pens, bottle stoppers, honey droppers etc. But it uses the less common MT1- morse taper. Also, with that Ridgid, you could thru-drill your baits on the lathe itself with out the need for a drill press. Good luck with your choice.

I use an old sears wood lathe that i got with the tools at an auction for $35.00 that works for lures(and canes i make)very well, the ridgid lathe will do just fine i'm sure

hmmmmm decisions decisions....all id be doing with it use lure making. All your horizontally symmetrical baits (poppers walk the dog type baits etc)...does any one live in riverside county california who can do some lathing with me ? haha

I have both the Jet and the Harbor Freight ........... the Jet hands down if you can afford it ........... Harbor Freight if cost is a factor