largemouthlad

Looking At Airbrush Systems

im really starting to get into lure making and need a airbrush system and i saw this one for sale but dont really know the brand or what to compare it to. so what do u guys think of this unit? whats it worth ? is it good ? thanks -largemouthlad

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb472/pyrotech2958/102_0210.jpg

if yourpainting alot of lures you paint one color at a time on the lures if your painting the same colored baits say six baits at a time all the same color then clean the brush and go to the next color and so on .... doing it as a hobbie get a small compresser from the hardwear store and a pressure regulator/water seperator(pan cake type) becouse you can use it for other things too.as for color changing you can get a bottle feed airbrush and clean between colors (it only takes a few min.to clean the airbrush) and you can buy the tops from net crafters or lure parts on line that replace the paint bottle top that comes on the paint with a feed tube top that fits the airbrush

yes these will fit I have one of the same brushes shown in your pic I bought it on sale at harbour frieght for 14.99 I upgraded since then but still use the one i bought .

I also agree that a small pancake compressor is way mor useful for lure building you can run nailers fluid beds fill up tires etc. although if you where painting indoors and noise is a problem a dedicated airbrush compressor is what you would want. For running an air brush they will both do the job

im really starting to get into lure making and need a airbrush system and i saw this one for sale but dont really know the brand or what to compare it to. so what do u guys think of this unit? whats it worth ? is it good ? thanks -largemouthlad

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb472/pyrotech2958/102_0210.jpg

This I just my opinion. I started with a harbor freight airbrush for 17.99. It works good and I still have it. Buti bought an Iwata Neo 2 months ago from Hobby Lobby. I used a 40% coupon and got it for 40$. IMO the Neo is much easier to use and clean, and is well worth the extra 20$. I have tried using both brushes at the same time and it really des not make things any faster. The top feed Neo I super easy to clean between colors, and sprays good.

Edited by nedyarb

I bought the same compressor when I first started, its works ok but since I got more insanely involved in this mad mad hobby I've bought a much larger compressor, now it just sits in the corner of my work shop collecting dust with the rest of the replaced stuff

ok sounds like it makes more sence to by a individual airbrush with a individually bought compressor. what exactly do i need to start air brushing ? thanks guys

Patience!!!!!! And practice!!.......I started with a 20 gallon compressor that I had bought for other use. Air brush, water trap for compressor. Air brush hose. A top coat, etex or devcon work good.....and patience, and practice.

Yes......Go to the iwata web site and look at there gravity feed brushes....if you looking for a all around brush look at a 3mm or 3.5mm...read all there is about them.....then ask some more quistions....If you are really serious about getting in to this hobby...jmo.....buy the best brush you can afford...like i said that's just my opinion... the brush is one thing learning to use it is another.....

Edited by Double Trouble Lures

something like this ? 5I35Ke5Fa3Ge3F93l8c1gd072e072eaf11997.jpg5G35Kf5M93F63M83J9c1g789342b810ce1b30.jpg

Aye, that airbrush will do. I use one of those. As for the compressor. I use this

51qBA1frQxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And I use Createx paint. With some of them, I have to thin the paint otherwise it doesn't flow out of the airbrush with any consistency. Also, don't remember to strain your paint. Any large particles will clog the nozzle. Good luck with your choice.

I have the same gmc compressor except i have the ....4610A......It has aluminum tanks...never have to worry about them rusting....This compressor runs so quite you can barely hear it run......I know a lot of the other guys use bigger compressors for many reasons.....good luck

What ever compressor you decide on you need one with air tank on it.....If it doesn't have one...the compressor will cut on everytime you hit the air on your brush....among other things..... I can't tell you which one to buy that's something you need to decide....Go to the search feature in this site and do some research , i'm sure you will find lots of info.....Maybe some of the other guy's can chime in......