black haze

Flat Rubber

I have a bunch of old flat rubber pieces....Whats the best way to cut the rubber into strips for tying??? Thanks

A friend of mine once gave some of that stuff and all I did was cut a small line to how wide I wanted it and then just pulled it apart with my fingers. I don't know alot about rubber as it has different forms but that flat stuff was easy to pull apart with just a small slice.

If it is still good, cut it 1/2" longer than you will use. Attach it to the jig hook with string or wire. Take hold of one end and pull it snug. Cut it with sissors.

DSC01760.jpg

Jig man, I may be wrong but I think he got the same stuff my friend gave to me a long time ago and it is really old stuff. The flat piece of rubber is a flat piece of rubber, there are no seperations in it at al, it is just a solid flat piece. The way I was showed was to make a small cut to how wide you wanted it and then peel off or pull apart. It wasn't hard to do and it pulled apart pretty straight plus you could make the pieces as wide or as thin as you wanted. And to tell you the truth, the stuff I had was orange and I never ever saw any material like it since. I know how living rubber works but the stuff I was talking about wasn't living rubber, I don't know what is was but I'm guessing it isn't made anymore as the rubber now is much better. At least I think Black Haze is talking about the same stuff, I'm probably wrong.

I never have heard that kind of material. I assumed he had the flat living rubber like they used to make before the round stuff. The flat used to be all we could get and we had a bunch of it go bad on us.

I had a piece of it, like I said it was given to me a long time ago and the friend that gave it to me had it a long time, I'm guessing it was from sometime in the '80s. I worked ok but it took time to seperate but the nice part was you could control how wide or thin you wanted it, and when you made the slice and pulled it apart, it stayed remarkably straight. I may be wrong but I really think that is the same flat rubber he is talking about.

Im sorry i guessed i should of explained myself better, lol....Its flat rubber that doesnt have any slices in it....I think its still good, but has to be pretty old.... ITs kind of a pain to cut, but yes u can cut it in the length you want which is nice.......Jigman thanks for the tips, thats very helpful being a newbie.....You guys are great on here.......Thanks