piratefishing

Teflon Pin Usage

I have had that happen a few times. I don't mold with them often unless I am doing a big run. But when I paint, they are my life saver from cleaning out the hole for the weed guard. Those pins have saved me A LOT of time, but from time to time I do have that happen to me and I just clean the hole out because I get pissed off real quick and real easy over the simplest things lol.

Okay I'll give it a shot. They work pretty well just frustrate me when I dip them into my paint and they fall out. Do you just use them to paint with? Or mold with them as well?

I have about 200 of them. 100 of them I leave in the shop for pouring, and the other 100 I have in my basement where I stick them in the raw jigs ready for painting. This way the ones in the basement are always clean.

Edited by cadman

I have been using the teflon pins and they are great, but I am having a little issue. When I pull out my pins after I paint, the paint chips and the hole is not clean. Not sure what the deal is. Can this be caused by not baking the jigs after I paint them. I can put a pic if need be.

I have been using the teflon pins and they are great, but I am having a little issue. When I pull out my pins after I paint, the paint chips and the hole is not clean. Not sure what the deal is. Can this be caused by not baking the jigs after I paint them. I can put a pic if need be.

This is the correct way to use the pins.

#1 put the pin in a raw lead jig.

#2 heat jig over heat gun, when jig is hot dip in powder paint.

#3 immediately pull the jig out of the paint it will gloss over and immediately pull out the pin.

#4 put jigs on rack and then put in toaster oven to bake.

Done.