retrobass

Lets See Your Stencils

10 posts in this topic

Just did my first airbrushing, which was very rewarding. Only stencil I had to work with was some wire mesh. Looking at some of the amazing patterns on here, I'm sure folks are using all kinds of stencils to get some of these effects. So what all have you guys used as stencils?

Heres some of mine,netting from bags of oranges.torn paper.mixing both of the pre.hole punchs in plastic.milk bottles(plastic) old sodiering iron so i can burn holes in the plastic from the milk bottle(watch it it gets hot(both the plastic and the iron),just draw a pattern and cut it out ans spray some paint?? you can even download some on line that are free(aways good) some are'nt stenciles just a nail dipped in paint and applyed randomly to a bait???hope this helps you see what we use...also check out the web site lure layouts on here

Edited by crankpaint

I used to use stencils. I freehand now. Much more realistic. Baits moving so fast fish cant tell anyhow. Loofas for netting though.

Heres some of mine,netting from bags of oranges.torn paper.mixing both of the pre.hole punchs in plastic.milk bottles(plastic) old sodiering iron so i can burn holes in the plastic from the milk bottle(watch it it gets hot(both the plastic and the iron),just draw a pattern and cut it out ans spray some paint?? you can even download some on line that are free(aways good) some are'nt stenciles just a nail dipped in paint and applyed randomly to a bait???hope this helps you see what we use...also check out the web site lure layouts on here

Awesome. Thank you for this.