black haze

Removing Weedguards

I have a ton of unpainted jig heads with weedguards in them that i want out, lol....Ive tried pulling them out with pliers, but not much luck.....Any other suggestions? Ive decided its kind of a pain to powder coat them with the weedguards in.....

Are these weedguards glued in or are they cast in? If they are cast in I have a method but it it isn't easy. The first thing you need to do is cut the weedguard flush with the head, then take a drill with a 1/8" bit and drill it out, that is the best I've found to take out weedguards that are cast in the head. If they are glued in you could do 1 at a time with pliers or vise grip but and easier way is if you know what kind of glue was used, you'll be able to find a solvent for it and then you'll be able to put the solvent in a snall bowl and add a bunch of heads and let them soak for a bit. This won't hurt the heads at all if you wash/rinse the heads after the weedguard is removed. Good luck.

Everyone here gave some good tips. Fuzzy never thought of heating them. Hmmmm. Now what I have been doing on glued in wedguards, I just pull them out with a pair of pliers. If they are poured in, they are a P.I.T.A to get out. I have always taken out the middle ones and then pulled the ones around the perimeter with a pair of pliers. However that is very tedious.

I like smalljaws reply to the poured in place weedguards. If I ever get in that situation I will have to try that. Thanks..............Smalljaw.