• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kmsnowman

kmsnowman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

He guy's , what is the best way to keep the powder paint out of the weed guard hole? :? These are some off the lead free jigs I've been making.

Attached Files

#2 Jig Man

Jig Man

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

I have not been able to keep it all out but here is my process.

I hold the jig with a pair of needle nose pliers or hemostats. I close them over the hook eye to keep paint out of it. When I come out of the powder paint I give the jig head a few taps on the paint cup top with the hole down. That knocks most of the paint out. Some better than others.

The only other thing I know to do is paint them with pins in.

#3 BassBull

BassBull

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

I powder paint with the pins left in . I heat the head and then into the powder paint it goes. Holding the hook with a pair of pliers, then use a second set of pliers to give the pin a slight clock wise spin and then pull it out. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you pull it strait out it will pull the paint with it. After you do a few you will have the timing down as far as how soon and how fast this works best for you. It will leave a nice clean hole. If you are doing a white base and then a second main color over the hole jig wait until this part is done to pull the pin. Then if I want to put in high light colors our extra flash in a clear coat,this is the time to use the small paint brushes and tap those on. Its a lot easier than it sounds. Have a good day. STEVE

#4 kmsnowman

kmsnowman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the tips !

#5 softworm

softworm

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

I use a teflon rod, you can pour and paint with it, much quicker and easier. Send cadman a pm

#6 A.C.T. LURES

A.C.T. LURES

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

I use a teflon rod, you can pour and paint with it, much quicker and easier.

The teflon is the way to go, I pour my heads with them also, weedguards fit everytime
Barlows has them in their website now
http://www.barlowsta...-P2186C220.aspx
You wont go back to the pins after using them
Paul