bassinmass

spinnerbait heads

Hey guys

<---new guy here :rolleyes:

Where do you guys get your spinnerbait heads? I was looking at these:

http://www.staminainc.com/bait_heads/king_spinnerbait.html

but wanted to know what else is out there. I don't think I want to get into pouring them.. :huh: So, do you folks know of any places that sell quality heads? Either that, or maybe some of you make your own and I could set up an order with you after deciding on a design? Quality is a must and money is really no object at this point. I just want quality components for my baits. This is just 'personal use' stuff, so I'm not necessarily looking for someone that can provide huge bulk quantities.

Thanks for your time guys. I really appreciate the help

bassinmass

Hey bassinmass, Stamina and Barlows would be a good place to look. You should also buy a few unpainted and a few colors of powder paint. But be very carefull! This can be addictive. I understand what you mean about the quality. Once you start pouring your own heads you have total control over what components you use and what size components are used. If you have any other questions just ask away. Welcome aboard.

Thanks Markell

I'm having trouble viewing Barlow's website. I'll have to see if it works on my comp at home. I have a handful of those King's from Stamina on the way, but I know you guys have been at this alot longer than me.

Thanks again

I'm sure I'll have plenty of q's in the future!

I run some for people' date=' 18 cents each, powder coated 1 color, .... cheaper than hagens which is the best price I have seen....

Chris[/quote']

18? each? Why does this sound too good to be true? 8O

Is there any way you could post a pic or a link to a pic of what I'd be looking at?

Thanks

bassinmass

Jigmaster

Nice looking work! Thanks for all the replies, guys. I just got the King heads in the mail last night and I'm more than impressed with them. They are a little on the pricey side, but I'm fine with that for now. If any of you have pics of painted heads (the closer they resemble those Kings the better) I'd love to take a look at them.

I appreciate the help

bassinmass

I have seen both jigmaster's and C n R's work' date=' these guys are both class acts and trust-worthy...even if jigmaster can't spell his own website, LOL. Hey CnR what kind of hook are you molding on those and what

head-style(s) can you pour? JIM[/quote']

LOL

Depending on how fast I get the coffee in me in the morning, I'll misspell my NAME a few times before noon:)

I'm also interested in the hooks/head styles....

I have 3 of the do it styles. Bullets -1/8th to 1/2, style C, 1/8 to 1/2, and style H -1/4 to 2 1/2oz. BIG. I can use what ever hooks the customer wants. I have been getting hooks from Hagen's, going to get a mustad account set up in a couple of weeks. Here is a link to see the head styles at do-it. I usually mold with Eagle Claw #255 which is a xlong, forged hook that are reasonably sharp. Oh yeah, I do everything on a twisted eye wire form from Battlefield Wire... even my buzz baits. I have to charge more for those, as the wire is kinda spendy when you get special stuff made.

here is the link

http://www.do-itmolds.com/products/luremolds_i.php?UID=2004042207085368.190.163.13

Chris

Would it be at all possible to get the "R" bend wire??

This is what I'm thinking

H style head, 1/2oz and 3/8oz. Mustad ultrapoints. Maybe two colors? Some white and some black?

I don't know why, but I like the R bend in the wire better. Am I just stuck in my old habits??

If any of you are interested, please let me know if you'd like to set up a small order at first (maybe 50 or so heads) so I can see what they're like. You can either post here or email me at bassinmass@netzero.net. I really appreciate all the help guys.