Matador Customs

Airbrushing Fur?

I'm just guessing here, but, depending on what you used for building material, you might use a wood rasp or file, or a small hand saw, and drag it along the bait to score it. You might also try putting a thick coat of primer on with a course brush, and let the brush marks make the fur pattern.

If the paint is thick enough, it should hold the brush marks.

Usually it's the opposite. Anyone who has ever tried to get a smooth finish on a home project with a brush will know what I'm talking about. Hahaha

• Like 1

After I posted my answer, I thought about it some more, and came up with another idea.

You can coat your lure with bondo, a thin coat with not too much hardener so you have more working time, and then use a stiff brush to make fur markings. That way, it's both hard and waterproof. A wet rat's fur isn't that coarse, anyway. Take a look at your hair when it's wet, and keep that in mind.

I'm all thumbs when it comes to air brushing, so I always look for another way to do things.