squigster

Opinion On Plastic Setting In Water

Hello,

I was watching a video of a foreign company pouring baits on youtube and after they poured their baits they threw them in water to cool. I am assuming this would be ok but it would possibly cause fading if the water absorbed into the plastic and obviously if there was salt or scent it would leech out. The reason I am posting this is that I pour alot of grubs and it is a pain in the a$$ to lay them out on a tray perfectly so that the curl in the tail does not distort and was thinking of trying this because the baits float and would hold their natural shape until cured. I am assuming that if I used cold water the baits would cure faster. I just wanted to see what everybodys opinion is. Thanks,

Thanks Guys

I tried an experiment and left two in water overnight. It turned smoke to milky white. I just want the tails to cure consistent without the hassle of laying them out perfectly. Salt will work for sure but if you use too much you cant see the color of the bait in the package. Ill try using light salt and see if that works. Thank you guys for your help.

I drop them into cold water right out of the mold just to get them to cool quickly and set the shape. That way, I don't have to lay them out perfectly flat/straight. I only leave them in the water for about 10 min or so. I've left them overnight and they turn milky (like yours) but I think they cleared up after a while drying out. After water cooling, I remove and lay them out flat, but I think shape is pretty much set by then.