jesse1378

Issues With My Airbrush

i have been having issues with my airbrush. long story short is basically wants to do the splatter effect ALL THE TIME. i have tried thinning the paint more, leaving it thick, turning the preassure on the compressor up, turning it down. i have a water seperator in line right at the compressor....that never has any water in it... one thing i have noticed is at the tip of the airbrush. my tip is a 2 part tip...little part that the needle pokes out of then a bigger part that holds the brass tip inside. right now im using a 5 tip and needle as i believe while i was cleaning i threw away my 3.anyway the tip. where i tighten the big tip to the brush i have been getting watery bubbles i cant tighten it down any more. after work im going to try to get some teflon tape on there and hope it doesnt get in the way of the paint. just not sure what to do at this point. i have done several good cleanings, looked inside and there are no blockages. any ideas?

Instead of teflon tape, try coating the threads with beeswax to prevent air leaks. As far as the splattering, have you checked to make sure you have not mixed up the parts of the tip set with those from a different size tip? I have a Badger Crescendo with 3 tips sets and if I get the pieces mixed up, strange things happen.

I had both the same problems stated by the O.P. and the first responder. O.P's problem really sounds like a bent tip on the needle or the nozzle is cracked. I had dropped my air brush and bent both the tip and cracked the nozzle. Couldn't see it with the naked eye but I could feel it when I ran my finger over the needle. Got my modeling magnifying glasses out and was easily able to spot the damage. No problem, they sell replacement tips and nozzle anywhere they sell Pasche air brushes. as for the bubbles coming out. Bees wax took care of that like BobP said. Works wonders.

MIne got to splattering and not drawing paint well, sounds like same airbrush, and after inspecting it the air hole was blowing just to the side of the tipe of the paint nozzle, I would have to keep it straight while I finished painting...after taking it down for cleaning I found the gun tip tightened a whole round which kept it inline and spraying much better. I wrote if off as user error, since I am fairly new to airbrushing....