ROWINGADUBAY

Does Anyone Know Where To Get These In Bulk

Ask for Hawk!

Im only posting this link so guys will stop buying the KO's..THE KO's are JUNK. Did you know that the guys that sell them in the US only paid about .10 to .35 cent per blank and resale them to you for 1 to 2 bucks per blank..all you have to do is go around them too and buy them direct from CHINA!!! GO SUPPORT THEIR ECONOMY SOME MORE.. BUY SOME CHINA BLANKS! KEEP THE FLOW OF MONEY GOING TO CHINA..

Edited by The_Rookie

If you do some searching, you can find them. It takes times as there are a lot of companies, most being just middlemen and not the actual manufacturer. I had the same idea as you and spent many hours of search and e-mails. Alibaba is the place to start.The best price I found on the particular blank I was looking for was .95 each and had to purchase 1,000 Not a bad price. yeah, not a bad price if I actually receive my merchandise or the of the high quality I thought I was going to receive. There are just too many companies and factories to know which one or ones are reputable. I just buy my blanks from the few vendors that order from China. Believe me when I tell you that they have stuck with some crap. Take a lok at some of the 1.5 and 2.5's that are out there. You have to fill in the seams and sand the bellies smooth. Those are the crappy ones. There are ones out there that require no prep work and run perfect. I buy in larger quanitites and get a better price. I don't mind paying a few pennies more and let the vendors deal with the headaches. Just look on e-bay and you will see a few people gettting rid of the ones they got stuck with. There are good quality blanks and there are, well...........crap. Of the good quality blanks that I have bought, I have yet to throw one away in the trash because it was made poorly.

I rather support the Chinese econony @ $2.00 a blank than the Japanese for $25 :yay:

same here 152nd if its made in the U.S. and i can get it at a good price I'll buy all i can get IF its a good running bait and its made well but most of the trime its made in china/japan becouse its cheaper to make over seas,you still have a middle man selling those baits in the U.S. and making money on them so you are helping someone in the U.S,A. and all his employes,if its sold in the U.S. you help someone and in these times all the help is needed even if it starts overseas its still helping the people who got it here to sell to others

Edited by crankpaint

Remember you get what you pay for. Unless/until Americans start saying NO to all the junk coming from China and demanding American made products again we will never recover our manufacturing base here in the US. The same manufacturing base that was the envy of the world a few decades ago and now is almost non-existant.

A good example is when Bomber first started making the Model A crankbaits you could buy one, take it out of the package and catch fish with it. Now you have to buy 5 to get 1 to work decent and it will never be as good as the originals first produced right here in the good old USA. Same with Wiggle Warts. The first were made in America and were great, the next generation were made in Mexico and they were only fair at best, then they went to China and they are not worth casting.

Not trying to make a political post or anger anyone but I for one would love to go to the tackle shop and buy lures again that were made here in America by an American worker knowing that the lure will perform as advertised instead of having to buy numerous baits hoping that I might get 1 to perform as expected.

I feel I must chime in on this topic. I started painting baits just for fun for myself and it turned into an addiction fast. I started by buying blanks from Janns and a couple other websites that sell unpainted lures for up to a couple dollars a piece.

Once I started painting more and more I finally looked into cutting out the middleman and looked into getting them overseas.

With the birth of our first son 9 months ago, I do not have nearly as much time to paint as I would like. I decided to convert my website to selling lure bodies and hardware and helping others get into the hobby of painting their own lures.

I got burned the first couple of times ordering overseas, (BAD quality, long waits, quantities not right, and so on.) Now I have found a good dealer and am very happy with blanks I am getting. These baits run good and the quality is amazing.

Some people just aren't as talented as Tater Hog, or some of the other amazing builders on this site. So buying a blank bait and putting their own touch on it is good enough for them.

Jake

You can't really blame China, Mexico, Malaysia, ect.. Blame the US companies for outsourcing the manufacturing of their products and the poor quality control once they get back here.

Yeah there are some bad knock offs around but there are some real good ones too. Try a few until you find one that works for you,

• Like 1

I agree that the blame goes to the companies who outsource but we as consumers have the final say. If we simply stop buying the cheap stuff being made in countries where they can get labor for a few cents an hour and often being done with child labor and let these products sit on their shelves and gather dust it wouldn't take long for the outsourced jobs to come back home.

Back in 80's the slogan was Buy American now it is Buy Wherever as long as it is cheap regardless of the quality.

I have purchased lure blanks from numerous sources and have yet to find many on a consistant basis that I would put my name on and sell to a customer. I know some guys buy these knockoffs and paint them and advertise them on EBay as repaints which in my opinion is deceptive because they are not repaints but a custom painted knockoff bait. It is all in the wording.

Buying inferior plastic lure blanks was the reason I started making my own balsa baits. When I sell some baits I know in my heart that they are of the best material and workmanship possible and you can take them out of the package and catch fish on them.

We as consumers do have a say to a certain degree. But being a small buisness owner(glass company, not baits) its the idiots in Washingtons fault just as much if not more than ours/consumers. If they would lower the capital gains tax then more buisnesses would open, stay and others move their operations here. If that happened then I believe we would see a better quality all around, reguardless of product. Not trying to be political or get into a political debate. But thats why most companies have out sourced or moved complete operations out of country.

Years ago i had a tackle shop......I did a lot of special orders on all kinds of lures. Stuff that know one in my area could get. But on stuff you could get any where i had costumers that would drive 10 miles to save 10 cents. I got sick with a brain tumor and had to close my shop. It didn't take long before costumers where telling me how much they missed the shop and if they could do it over they would have bought everything at my store.....

I do have a friend that buy's KO's and they are good ones i am told. Just my opinion.....you will never shut down baits being built from over seas...and that sad

I have to say guys it really does depend on the kind of lures you are talking about.... there are still allot of commercial lures made in the US you just have to find them... that and there are enough people here on the forum I bet... why not get a bunch of guys together and starting making better blanks and sell them... it could be done.... just my thoughts

I originally posted this to get some knock off sebile magic swimmers and thats it!!! What is the difference if I spend $30.00 on 1 lure or $30.00 on ten knock offs they are both made in china I called sebile and asked.

I agree that we must try and buy American

but this is a world economy and I really don't care where they are made as long as they catch fish I will buy them and so will others.I don't think to many americans want to sit over an injection molder for minimum wage if china wants to make lures or key chains and stuff like that let them I don't think buying chinese made lures will make or brake the American economy.

HOW CAN YOU BLAME CHINA MAKING LURES IS FUN THEY JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN

This is my last post on this topic because politics and religion are bad topics to discus especially on a board such as this.

The so-called world economy idea is nothing but a scheme developed and instituted by the corporate mega corporations to derive every penny of profit they can muster and then they hammer it into our heads for the past 20 plus years until we think "oh my goodness we cannot do anything about the cheap products being produced overseas and sold here in America and our jobs are gone forever". It is simply a mind game.

When the founding fathers wrote the Constitution they devised ways to support the country and the main source was Tariffs on imported goods. It worked fine until the politicians of the time ( late 1800's and early 1900) schemed a way to bypass the intent of the Constitution and hamstring the working man with excessive taxation (sweat tax or income tax) and relieve the corporate world of paying little if any tariffs on goods they manufacture out of country and import them back into the country. Another ploy schemed up by these corporations and put into law by our representatives was to actually reward these companies who oursource our jobs to recieve tax credits for doing so. When an American company wants to employ Americans to produce their products here in America and then export them into some of these other coutries where the bulk of our jobs went these American companies have to pay high tariffs and are limited to the amount of product they can sell in these countries whether it be automobiles or crank baits. This is this world economy and the free trade our country has lavished upon other countries and in the process lowered Americans standard of living and which will never ever be what it was prior to the mini-depression of 2008.

Do we really need to replace our 46 inch tv with a new 52 inch tv 6 months after we purchased the 46 incher or replace our cell phones every 3 months? We have developed a horrible case of greed in this country wheras we think only of ourselves and forget the big picture. If we didn't learn anything at all from the debacle in 2008 we should have learned that what we are being told isn't always correct and we should do a little research of our own instead of being led like blind mice.

This is my last post on this topic because politics and religion are bad topics to discus especially on a board such as this.

The so-called world economy idea is nothing but a scheme developed and instituted by the corporate mega corporations to derive every penny of profit they can muster and then they hammer it into our heads for the past 20 plus years until we think "oh my goodness we cannot do anything about the cheap products being produced overseas and sold here in America and our jobs are gone forever". It is simply a mind game.

When the founding fathers wrote the Constitution they devised ways to support the country and the main source was Tariffs on imported goods. It worked fine until the politicians of the time ( late 1800's and early 1900) schemed a way to bypass the intent of the Constitution and hamstring the working man with excessive taxation (sweat tax or income tax) and relieve the corporate world of paying little if any tariffs on goods they manufacture out of country and import them back into the country. Another ploy schemed up by these corporations and put into law by our representatives was to actually reward these companies who oursource our jobs to recieve tax credits for doing so. When an American company wants to employ Americans to produce their products here in America and then export them into some of these other coutries where the bulk of our jobs went these American companies have to pay high tariffs and are limited to the amount of product they can sell in these countries whether it be automobiles or crank baits. This is this world economy and the free trade our country has lavished upon other countries and in the process lowered Americans standard of living and which will never ever be what it was prior to the mini-depression of 2008.

Do we really need to replace our 46 inch tv with a new 52 inch tv 6 months after we purchased the 46 incher or replace our cell phones every 3 months? We have developed a horrible case of greed in this country wheras we think only of ourselves and forget the big picture. If we didn't learn anything at all from the debacle in 2008 we should have learned that what we are being told isn't always correct and we should do a little research of our own instead of being led like blind mice.

Well said.....You have my vote what office are you running for. I think when it comes down to it....the you know who will always sell out....at least that's the way it's been in my 54 years. I hope one day it will change, but i'm not holding my breath.. I guess all we can do is vote.

Sorry guys I wasnt trying to bring down this forum or original topic with politics. I just believe we can build better products here as cheap as overseas, if it wasnt for alot of the political bs. And I wasnt knocking people overseas building products or saying their product isnt any good. Rowingadubay I hope you find those baits and they work for you. Baitmaker2 you are correct about politics and religion. They are touchy subjects to say the least. Ill leave it at this, opinions are like buttholes everybody has one!