kmsnowman

Jig Skirts?

If I can't find what I am looking for LPO has it. Like I needed a purple silicon with blue foil on one side and green foil on the other. Fishing skirts didnt have that so I had to order from LPO. Now FS has the purple with blue foil and purple with green foil. FS is the place to go for 98 percent of my skirting needs!

Lure Parts Online. If you guys need good silicone skirts at wholesale prices, you need to give Rat Trap Bait Company a call.

Rat Trap Bait Company

Bubba Robinson

PO Box 845

106 Adams Street

Auburndale FL 33823

Ph. 863-967-2148

Just give Bubba a call and ask him to email you his product and color list. A class act and super nice and helpful. No website though.

• Like 1

Lure Parts Online. If you guys need good silicone skirts at wholesale prices, you need to give Rat Trap Bait Company a call.

Rat Trap Bait Company
Bubba Robinson
PO Box 845
106 Adams Street
Auburndale FL 33823

Ph. 863-967-2148

Just give Bubba a call and ask him to email you his product and color list. A class act and super nice and helpful. No website though.

Bubba is 1st class :halo: . I've been dealing w/ him for 25 years.

Edited by smallmouthaholic

Well, I can't say what value added service Barlows, Jann's, LPO, FS.com, or the others give you but In my experience, I can tell you what Rat Trap can give you. If you make and sell your creations, RT can increase your profits. If you make baits for yourself and friends, Bubba can save you money. Some of his customers are the ones you mentioned....

Rat Trap Bait Company

Bubba Robinson

PO Box 845

106 Adams Street

Auburndale FL 33823

Ph. 863-967-2148

TOTALLY AGREE - BUBBA'S THE BEST

While fishingskirts.com certainly has a bigger color selection and slightly better prices, I don't like the fact that most of their skirt tabs are "stuck together" and you have to spent time separating the individual strands on just about every tab.  On the other hand, skirts from LPO are very rarely stuck together and the individual strands are virtually always 100% separated.

Anyone else run into this with the fishingskirts.com tabs?

How do Rat Trap Bait Company's skirts compare?

I have ran into the sticky skirt issue from some tabs I ordered from Jann's, I think that's where they came from. Just a certain color I wanted to match a hatch I was fishing. It was like they were made from some cheap sticky silicone. I thought it was weird too.

Rat Trap uses high grade silicon and have never had that issue with their tabs. A-1 quality stuff. The only thing is Bubba doesn't have a visual catalog of his stuff. I could tell you why, but not on this forum. If you ask him, he will send you a sample of something you're interested in. He has a PDF of his stuff that describes the color, somewhat, but no pics. That's the only drawback. But the quality of his tabs are excellent and the price is right......

• Like 1

i can tell u rat trap skirts have been perfect ... in the past i have had alot of problems with fishingskirts.com sticking together.. :pissed::censored:

rat trap has been fast and great to work with

The skirt tabs you get from the Rat Trap are the same that you get from fishingskirts, the difference is the typs of skirts, the last time I got from the rat trap , bubba didn't have the living image yet. Bubba doesn't have a fancy website or other traditional advertisments so he overhead is lower and therefore he can sell lower but it all comes from the same place, Viet Nam. I believe there are 2 maybe 3 at most, vendors who make the stuff, Skirts plus was the first but GLC has push the envelope with the living image and real baitfish skirts but the rat trap and the rest of the retailers all get the skirts from the same place, the reason the stuff from fishing skirts was stuck together is because it was packed together tightly in a sigle pack of 10, places that whole sale the stuff take them out of the packs and separate them and sell them loose so you can buy 1 tab if you wanted to but it is the same skirt tabs.

The skirt tabs you get from the Rat Trap are the same that you get from fishingskirts, the difference is the typs of skirts, the last time I got from the rat trap , bubba didn't have the living image yet. Bubba doesn't have a fancy website or other traditional advertisments so he overhead is lower and therefore he can sell lower but it all comes from the same place, Viet Nam. I believe there are 2 maybe 3 at most, vendors who make the stuff, Skirts plus was the first but GLC has push the envelope with the living image and real baitfish skirts but the rat trap and the rest of the retailers all get the skirts from the same place, the reason the stuff from fishing skirts was stuck together is because it was packed together tightly in a sigle pack of 10, places that whole sale the stuff take them out of the packs and separate them and sell them loose so you can buy 1 tab if you wanted to but it is the same skirt tabs.

Certainly not trying to dispute what you are saying here Smalljaw as I certainly have the utmost respect in your expertise but I can send you a tab or two and you would look and say, where'd this crap come from.

• Like 1

Certainly not trying to dispute what you are saying here Smalljaw as I certainly have the utmost respect in your expertise but I can send you a tab or two and you would look and say, where'd this crap come from.

I got skirt tabs from the rat trap before, the same tabs can be had at Barlows but at a much higher price. I'm not saying it is bad, I'm just saying that there are only a few places that extrude the silicone skirt material and Barlows and Janns have tabs from all of them including skirts plus and GLC and unless there is another source outside of Viet Nam that I'm unaware of then I'm sure the same tabs are available elsewhere unless he has his own colors made but the tabs are the same as all the others unless something has changed. Could you elaborate and tell me what is different other than colors?

Could you elaborate and tell me what is different other than colors?

I went and dug out the stuff I was talking about. It's from Jann's and is a Skip Cut Silicone Mat. It's tabs cut in a big long string and you cut each one. Looks like a 40+ strand tab. Color is (090) Gold Pump Pep. The silicone is stiff, a lot of the strands are stuck together. For me and what I want in a tab, just not the same quality as what I buy from Rat Trap. I'm sure others have good tabs too. I found GLC's website a couple weeks ago and it looks like pretty big business.

Could you elaborate and tell me what is different other than colors?

I went and dug out the stuff I was talking about. It's from Jann's and is a Skip Cut Silicone Mat. It's tabs cut in a big long string and you cut each one. Looks like a 40+ strand tab. Color is (090) Gold Pump Pep. The silicone is stiff, a lot of the strands are stuck together. For me and what I want in a tab, just not the same quality as what I buy from Rat Trap. I'm sure others have good tabs too. I found GLC's website a couple weeks ago and it looks like pretty big business.

One of the owners of GLC fishing I know, well I don't know him personally but I have had the pleasure of talking to him at length about skirts and skirt material, and he told me that there are only 2 or 3 manufactures and the Strike king perfect skirt as well as the skirt that War Eagle uses come from GLC. I got one order from Barlows and the skirt tabs were all different consistency, for example, I got some fire tip skirt material in a color that is black with red tips, this material is very thick and stiff, the same order I got a color call blue interference pepper which is extremely soft, the reason for that is because Barlows sell material from all the manufacturers. That is what I mean, the Rat Trap isn't selling anything special or different, more than likely he gets his supply from a single manufacturer were as fishing skirts, Barlows, Janns ect. sell skirt material from all the different manufacturers. LPO is the same way but they have a deal with the manufacturer who makes the bio-silk so they are the only ones who have it, when that deal runs out they will have an option to pay and keep it or they can let it run out and then every other retailer can sell it, and they also have colors that you can find only there, I was told that the Picasso skirt material has colors that are made specially for them.

i agree wwith apdriver i have gotten skirts from z-man, skirts  plus , fishing skirts .com . and many others .

some companys are different ...i called fishing skirts .com about the couple hundred grn pumkins that i had stuck together , and the lady that i spoke with told me i had to roll the skirts together in my hand till they get warm and they will seperate......i dont have time for that !!!!!!  what kind of customer service was that?