RayburnGuy

(insert Capital Letter Here) Rig Mold

I came across a mold for the (?)-Rig on the internet and didn't bookmark it. I told a friend of mine about it a couple weeks ago and he has now decided he wants one. My memory being what it is I can't remember where I saw it. It may have been on an advertisers website here at TU, but again I'm not sure.

Does anyone know of any pre-made molds for this rig?

thanks guys,

Ben

Ben,

A Club member makes some nice rigs using a lead slip sinker for the head. He drills out enough of the back for his sst wire connection to fit, epoxies it in, and he's good to go.

I made one with PVC, hollowed out to hide the cluster f*#! of a wire connection, and then glued together with D2T. It works.

I wouldn't get fixated on the head shape, because it is really just a way to hold the wired connections. The thing that gets bit is the plastics.

A couple thoughts here. I live in NE and catching schooled up bass chasing shad is not real popular. I am guessing the rig will work under the right situation. But have never tried one. As far as modifying a sinker mold I don't have one to modify! Would alumilite resin work for the body? I have made one from pvc and will try it out this spring, before I go getting to crazy on this rig.

• Like 1

I was looking for a particular mold for a friend of mine that was made specifically for pouring this type resin baits. Didn't want to modify or build a mold. That question has been answered so any conversation about modifying or building molds is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

One thing I've never understood about these message boards is why do people bother to read a particular post if all they want to do is gripe about it. Seems like there are much more productive ways to spend ones time. Maybe it should have been posted in the wire baits section. I've come to know quite a lot of folks here in hard baits and knew they would be helpful if at all possible. If posting this question in what some seem to consider is the wrong forum then sue me.

Ben

• Like 3

A couple thoughts here. I live in NE and catching schooled up bass chasing shad is not real popular. I am guessing the rig will work under the right situation. But have never tried one. As far as modifying a sinker mold I don't have one to modify! Would alumilite resin work for the body? I have made one from pvc and will try it out this spring, before I go getting to crazy on this rig.

Alumilite works well, but it sure is hard to get it out of an aluminum mold if you let it set up to hard. These were made in an ultra minnow mold with alumilite.

http://www.tackleund...finished-lures/

• MultiQuote
  • Edit
  • =181265&st=&auth_key=a982a18f06912da3dc939b8d0945a2f2"]Delete

as far as pouring alumilite in a alum. mold. i found that some teflon dry lube makes the mold slick as butter no problem getting it out. just coat the mold a couple of times on the first one and then every time you pour. clean head with DNA and you are good to paint. hope this helps someone out since i have learned so much here. you can find the teflon dry lube at any home improvement store.