dougefresh

Glueing Azek

5 posts in this topic

I am new to the Azek material and what type of glue is used to bond 2 pieces of this type of material together. whats your favorite type of glue used to bond 2 pieces?

Azek is celluar PVC. Look for any water PROOF (not just water resistant) glues that dries clear and hard.

I'm using the clear PVC solvent/cement used on PVC pipes fro plumbing.... like 4 bucks at a hardware store... smells real bad, but seems to work just fine. If I used anything else, it would be epoxy.

J.

I just did one of my baits with a weight transfer system. Since I had to cut it in half, I used epoxy to reassemble it. I just used painters tape to hold it together until the epoxy cured.

Azek is celluar PVC. Look for any water PROOF (not just water resistant) glues that dries clear and hard.

I know that I wasted a few baits before I found this site because I was thinking "waterproof/water resistant" was close enough to the same thing that it didn't much matter which one I used. Hind sight is 20/20 but that is a lesson I will never forget!!