littleriver

Tackleunderground Hardbait Tip Of The Day!

Thought this might be a neat way to share little ideas that make big difference in results. Many are too small for full blown tutorials. just little bits of info that make the job easier.

For starters, i would like to share an idea that came to me in a very solemn place during one of my many moments of need during my lure building odyssey. As usual, I was down to the finishing touches of any good crank, eyes and kill spot. Do one side; then comes the drama of trying to match the other side. I look flip check mark . Look again and paint . Guess what; it is off. Not much but enough that it really irks your chain. After months of this torment, during a moment of inspiration the idea of using a jig came to me. i have tried several things but by far the best one i have found is this simple tool. I have several marks along the edge. Slide your bait inside and align jig with spine of bait. I use which ever mark is closest to where i want my eye or dot and mark the spot on the lure with a pencil. Then paint with confidence knowing all will be well when done with your masterpiece. It will take some time to get proficient with your new tool but with time and practice you too can master this new skill.

LittleriverP2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

P2215187.JPG

post-26144-0-92185300-1329811028_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

and now for the next tip.if you want a foil type scale pattern on a smooth sided bait under your paint after you spray your base coat put netting over the bait and spray it next with a silver pearl paint and let dry the scale pattern will show thru most paint but transparent paint work the best and it shines great thanks for starting this thread littleriver

Edited by crankpaint

pizza

Thank you

crankpaint

Thank you for sharing this tip .

My sincere wish is we will keep this thread going with ideas, even if they are not your own. The site is full of great ideas already here from the many great contributors. Should one find good information that has helped you with your build it could be shared quickly here with the rest of the group. Of course, giving credit to the original author. The best way to move us all forward is to pay it forward. Thank you all!............Littleriver