bassassassin85

Looking To Buy Airbrush Help

Im looking to buy my first airbrush well i use to own a binks but my friend sold his car that it was in, i know great friend right. Anyway i was wondering since i have never used one before if the binks was a good one to get or if i should go with something else i have about a 150 dollar limit some advice would be nice. I do have some skill in painting so i don't want the cheapest thing out there either. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks, jim

You can't go wrong with an Iwata. Although I can't speak about their Neo line of airbrushes. Not saying anything bad about them. Just saying I haven't had experince with them or been able to read much about them. They are made in Taiwan to Iwata's specifications rather than being made in Japan by the Iwata company. Hobby Lobby carries some of Iwata's airbrushes and with their 40% off coupon you can save a good chunk of change.

Ben

I would check out airbrush depot, they have all the major brands and their master series are a good quality brush with inter-changeable needles and tips so one airbrush can perform multiple tasks. I have a couple of them and a couple of Iwatas and see to difference in quality. Mine have withstood hard use for 2 years and I just recently replaced the seals, needle and alot of the small "guts" for less than $50 and they are like new.

i have a pair of iwata eclipse series i got from coastairbrush.com - i have found their normal prices to be about what hobby lobby is with the 40% off coupon - my workhorse and the one i do 90% of my painting with is the eclipse hp-cs (.35 tip) - its a great all purpose brush and one of the most used ones from my research by folks on here as well - my other brush is the eclipse hp-bcs (.5 tip)and i mostly just use it when base coating lots of lures at a time so im not refilling the other one as much - the great thing about having both being eclipse's is i can swap out the needle and nozzle between the 2 as i need depending on what im spraying with no problems or a need to clean both brushes - just those parts

You can't go wrong with the Iwata Eclipse CS Coast Air will also match prices. You can use it for base coat, detail, etc. Allot of guys swear by the Iwata Revolution. Either way I would recommend any gravity feed Iwata. I don't know much about the Neo. I have read numerous reviews which were all positive. The price scares me because I always find out the hard way. I get what I pay for! Good luck and have fun.

been very happy with my badger 360. the 360 part really isn't necessary (the bowl can rotate around so you can make it siphon feed) for lures, but the airbrush works great and the only time I needed a repair to the airbrush (which was my fault) Badger took care of it without any problems. Nice thing is, I can get more needles from Michael's.

well i went to harbor freight and bought their airbrush kit came with compressor hose and airbrush and regulator for 89.00 then i went to hobby lobby and bought an itawa neo with the 40% off coupon for 38.00 thanks for all the tips and advice figured that would give me a good start, thanks again, jim

I have a Iwata Neo. I use it for base coating & spraying some of the thicker pearl colors. My main gun I for detail or small spray pattern stuff is a Master G22. You can use all 3 needle sizes .02,.03&.05. I've had the Master for almost 2yrs. The Neo for a year. The only problem I've Had with the Neo is finr tuning the air pressure to spray smaller detail lines or patterns.

Well i hope this works because this is what i have for a while until i understand or get good on the airbrush. The neo came with a .35 tip i believe so I'm hoping that will help me with the detail that i need to do since i really won't be doing fine lines quite yet. I also got createx transparent paints so hopefully that shoots easy so i don't have to many complications to start with.