swedes67

Liability Insurance

I approached Wally world up here some time ago and they wanted 3 million dollars liability proof before they would consider handling my products locally.

Needless to say that was that. Just another example of " we want your support but we don't support you".

www.novalures.com

Nova your probably better off not dealing with them anyway. It's not unknown for them to place huge orders and then cancel that order after you've invested a large amount of time and money to complete it. They don't mind leaving you holding the bag. From what I understand this is what happened to the Norman bait company and why they were forced to sell out. Walmart has some pretty unscrupulous business practices. Just my :twocents:

Ben

Liability insurance is not required (by law) for a lot of things people think it is. Its up to you to consider the risk verses the protection benefit.

One thing the insurance industry has done to try and railroad everybody in business is jack up rates, and then offer discounts back to normal (oinly moderately inflated) rates so bigger companies will leverage their vendors to buy a variety of insurances. In contracting they even try and get you to buy more insurance for them (its called additional insured on your policy.)

Insurance has gone from being a legimized form of protection back to being a protection racket. I figure in another generation or so enforcers will be back in the picture.

Sorry. My cynicism is showing through today.

Edited by Bob La Londe