Bigbass1001

Turning Lipless Crankbaits?

7 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of repainting some lipless crankbaits. I just finished 3 LuckyCraft LVR's and it was a real pain in the rear setting them up to turn on the turner with epoxy. I ended up running some wire between the belly eye and the tail eye of the bait. Twisted it till it was tight and didn't move. I'm wondering if there is an easier way to put these on the turner to dry. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I use alligator clips on the line tie

You will have to clean them from time to time but it works for me

Depending on how your turner is set up, you can do as others suggest. I use hemostats to hold the lure securely, then clamp the hemos to the turner.

TU1.JPG

This is a rotisserie type set-up

TU1.JPG

TU1.JPG

TU1.JPG

TU1.JPG

TU1.JPG

TU1.JPG

TU1.JPG

post-14452-0-78557800-1330731592_thumb.jpg

I saw a turner here on TU using the closthespins. I found hemos real cheap on e-bay a while back. I also have 3 extra dowels that hook right on if need be. I use the hemostats when painting also so it works well for me.

Edited by 152nd Street Baits

I like the the two ideas. I have my set up similar to the photo Arkie posted. I already have hemo's, and may give that a try. The Aligator clips might work better since the hemo's I have are pretty long. I'd have to check the height or adjust the height possibly.

Thanks again everyone. The Great tips are appreciated. Here's a photo of how I had to do the last one. It's just a photo finish, but I wanted to do something less complicated until I figured out how to secure it to the rotisserie.

LVR.jpg

Nice job! You'll figure out what works for you.

Edited by 152nd Street Baits