JONC24FISH

Concave Worm Weight Molds

THANKS I HAVE CHECKED HILTS AND THEY DO NOT MAKE THE SIZES NEEDED. HOPING SOMEONE HAS A SOURCE THAT IS NEW OR UNKNOWN.

Just looked at the Hilts mold site, and although you'd have to buy two molds to cover your bases, their site says they DO have molds that cast those sizes. Would still be way cheaper than a SC or custom mold.

http://www.hiltsmold...SinkerMolds.htm

Edited by pirkfan

I have tried used just about all of the out there except Collins, and they are crap (LilMack included). I would love to buy one of Collins molds, but he never answers his email or phone, so I dont really trust sending him money.

What I wound up doing is buyin blank lee molds and cutting my own concave work weights. They work breat even at one cavity per casting. I can make about 250 per hour. And since I polished out the cavities they really shine.

I cut the cavities with my drill press (shaped the bits on a belt sander). I had to have the the concave portion turned at a local machine shop.

On 3/3/2012 at 9:06 PM, robalo01 said:

I have tried used just about all of the out there except Collins, and they are crap (LilMack included). I would love to buy one of Collins molds, but he never answers his email or phone, so I dont really trust sending him money.

What I wound up doing is buyin blank lee molds and cutting my own concave work weights. They work breat even at one cavity per casting. I can make about 250 per hour. And since I polished out the cavities they really shine.

I cut the cavities with my drill press (shaped the bits on a belt sander). I had to have the the concave portion turned at a local machine shop.

Would you post pic please . I also am unable to reach Collins.