Double D

Proof Is In The Puddin

bassguy, I have a variable speed dremel tool....what RPM would you suggest....low or high?

Mark, I have one of those kevlar gloves that I wear when carving with my normal carving knife...would that be safe with the exacto also?

bassguy, I have a variable speed dremel tool....what RPM would you suggest....low or high?

Mark, I have one of those kevlar gloves that I wear when carving with my normal carving knife...would that be safe with the exacto also?

I'm thinking you'd have more control with your regular carving knife, so I'd surely wear it when using the exacto.

Those cuts come quick, but it seems like they take forever to heal.

I'm thinking you'd have more control with your regular carving knife, so I'd surely wear it when using the exacto.

Those cuts come quick, but it seems like they take forever to heal.

@DD, I have the dial set at 4 or 5 on the dremel. I don't know what that equates to as RPM. I also use the moto flex tool on the dremel which makes it much easier to use the sanding drum. I'm very careful not to keep the drum in one spot; it doesn't take much to remove the carving marks. I use the carving approach (pulling it toward me) with the sanding drum as well and I can see how much I need to remove for shaping.

@Mark, Knock on wood I've been very careful about the carving. Keeping an eye on what I'm doing. Yes, the cuts come quick because one little slip and you're done.

Jerry

yeah, I have been eyeing my flex tool too...I was thinking that it might come in handy for this type of work....will let you know how I do with it. I have two sizes of sanding drum, they look like the same grit but one is larger in diameter than the other.....I am assuming that the difference won't really matter unless I am trying to use it on an inside curve, which doesn't seem to me like it would apply for this type of work.