cadman

Devcon 2 Ton In New Packaging

Thanks Ted. I don't know why I didn't do that. I'm getting more and more like Homer Simpson every day. Doohhh!

Ben

Ben,

No prob. I sometimes wonder why I don't do certain things and then it comes to me. I guess I'm getting old and that sucks. Oh well, we're here to help each other out in life for as long as we can.

Ben,

No prob. I sometimes wonder why I don't do certain things and then it comes to me. I guess I'm getting old and that sucks. Oh well, we're here to help each other out in life for as long as we can.

It is really nice to have a community of like-minded nuts to commiserate with.

And, as for sharing info, "You can't take it with you".

bought some last week and i personally don't believe it is the same. had some baits yellow really bad from 2 different tubes of it. first time it has happened that bad. found some of thhe old and all was clear again. when i say some baits I mean 50 so it wasn't a one or two bait problem. just a warning or could have been a bad batch of epoxy i don't know. I don't believe it was a mixing problem with that many baits.

Ben,

I know what you mean Ted. The bad part of it is the older I get the more help it seems I need. And like Mark said it's nice to have a community like TU to make friends and share information. Without which folks like me would never have the opportunity to learn how to build lures.

Guess I better run. Mark's turning the hounds loose on me. 8O

Ben

bought some last week and i personally don't believe it is the same. had some baits yellow really bad from 2 different tubes of it. first time it has happened that bad. found some of thhe old and all was clear again. when i say some baits I mean 50 so it wasn't a one or two bait problem. just a warning or could have been a bad batch of epoxy i don't know. I don't believe it was a mixing problem with that many baits.

Yellowdawg if you continue to have problems with D2T you might give the Bob Smith epoxies a try. I've been using them for a good while now and I like them better than the Devcon. The BS epoxy seems to have a little longer working time (not much, but a little) and it seems the bubbles dissipate better as well.

Just my :twocents:

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

Yellowdawg keep us informed on this as I am a big fan of D2T which I have been using religiously for clearcoating jigs. I hope they didn't screw up the formula because I love this stuff and have been using it for a long time.

There is some other stuff I have heard about on another site, that I will post here as soon as I find it. A crankbait guy uses it. It is made as a clearcoat for fishing rods, however I want to make sure I get the correct info. I'm sure once I post it you all will probably already know about it. Give me a day or two and will get back to this.

Cadman, believe you are referring to the Flex Coat High build. Thats what Big M uses and Im sure some others. I was reading the new packaging and it had on there that you can mix chalk into it. Wandering if anyone has tried this, especially for a seal coat with white chalk? Could this eliminate one step in the paint process provided your seal coat is slick? I also wander how the chalk would make the epoxy spread? Now to find some white chalk!

Cadman, believe you are referring to the Flex Coat High build. Thats what Big M uses and Im sure some others. I was reading the new packaging and it had on there that you can mix chalk into it. Wandering if anyone has tried this, especially for a seal coat with white chalk? Could this eliminate one step in the paint process provided your seal coat is slick? I also wander how the chalk would make the epoxy spread? Now to find some white chalk!

Yes, you are correct it is Marty and I contacted him. He uses Flex Coat High build with UV. I believe this will make my white paint brighter as D2T makes it more yellow. BTW what is the reason for mixing white chalk in the high build for? Is that so you can eliminate a white basecoat and use this as a wood sealer and a white basecoat? One step instead of two?

Edited by cadman

Sorry cadman I jumped topics mid stream. The new D2T packaging states that you can mix chalk with it. Yeah I was thinking about skipping a step. If you mixed a white chalk into it then used it as a seal coat you may not have to paint the white base coat. It all depends on how well it seals and covers with a chalk mixed in with the epoxy.