Gloomisman

Caney Creek Skirted Grub Mold

I have the 3" Chub Grub and it's a great bait. For me...it's 3 baits in one.....the Chub grub...or a twin tail grub...or skirt to add to another bait.

Some tips on shooting the mold:

1. The plastic needs to be hot. I shoot at 350

2. The mold needs to be warm/hot to get the skirt to shoot full (true of any spline type bait)

3. Especially before the mold is hot...I put some worm oil on the spline.

4. It's easy to shoot two color baits...trim the body of the bait behind the sprue (set them aside). Leave the plastic on the spline (skirt) and shoot the new body color. Later, take all the bodies (unless you want to use them as twin tail grubs), insert and shoot the skirt color. It's actually a lot faster and easier than it sounds!

Once the mold is hot...I don't have any issues with "mistakes" (like the skirt not filling completely) (I save the first couple shots as twin tail grubs or as the body for different color skirt inject).

For the same price you can get a BT 3" twin tail grub mold and a skirt mold. That is what I am using and they make PERFECT hula grubs. Super easy to make 2 colored baits also.

For 150 you could get set up to pour them 2 at a time.

Remember your spline fits into the Chub Grub mold....keeps the price down!

(although I keep buying them with the spline...so I can shoot multiple baits at once!)

The CCM skirt mold also works with the spline...and makes a great skirt that you can "weld" onto any bait! I get really carried away with that!!!!

I welded (using a soldering iron) some skirts to some stik baits (Senko types) and it works really well! The advantage of the soldering iron over a open flame (like a lighter) is that the plastic doesn't catch on fire!!!