bump

Injection Question

finally want to give injecting baits a try. just a quick question, are there any problems with one companys injectors not being compatible with other companys molds? example if i was to buy injectors from bears would there be a problem using that injector with molds from del or basstackle or any other companys molds? everybody has molds that would be great to get but just want to make sure i wouldnt need that companys specific injectors.

Don't count out the Jacobs injector (especially if you are looking to make some panfish baits)....it works on everyone's molds also (I have one)....but everyone's else's doesn't work on Jacobs small sprue size.

I like the locking tips on the Bass Tackle and the Jacobs is really...really nice.

It's a really nice...smooth injector.

Except jacob is the worst compnay you could ever do business with. Just do some searches for him and read up on his business practice. Very very very very rude person.

I've done a little back and forth with Rick. We get along atleast on-line, but it might be because neither of us pretend to be "nice". Get to the point, don't beat around the bush, and if it offends somebody tough. He did do one of my designs a while back. (I posted it here and said I had no claim to the idea if somebody wanted to do it.) I bought a mold from him and an injector. They both arrived quickly like it was in stock not made to order when they get around to it like one or two other vendors mentioned here in the past. I've gotten a little machining advice from him, and hopefully reciprocated some... and if it comes up he will tell you directly he's been accused more than once by some folks of not playing well with others. LOL. Maybe that's why we get along. I don't either. LOL.

"Bear, BT and Del all use a 5/8 port on their molds." SHK is right.

and BassTackle is a very easy company to work with! It seems like there motto is "the costumer is always right" ha. They even gave me a credit once just because my order didn't get sent out within a certain time frame due to a family matter. Highly recommend them. Great product as well :yay:

Edited by adamsbaits

he has gone far out of his way to attack another mold maker in the past, on several occasions! he has also been banned from the site here, i believe for plugging and pushing his own products anonymously (and slandering others as well). i will spend my money with someone with a few more morals than Rick.

i have done no business with jacobs at all so i cannot say anything about their products or services. and truthfully they do not have any molds that i am interested in. i am going to go with injectors from bears and want molds from bears, caney creek, dels, and basstackle. i have been lucky and have never had a problem with any of the suppliers that i have ever bought from.

i have done no business with jacobs at all so i cannot say anything about their products or services. and truthfully they do not have any molds that i am interested in. i am going to go with injectors from bears and want molds from bears, caney creek, dels, and basstackle. i have been lucky and have never had a problem with any of the suppliers that i have ever bought from.

The question was about injectors. Not molds. I have made mold purchases from each of the vendors you mentioned. All went well except for 1. I just past 1 yr patiently waiting for a mold that has been going to be shipped out on Friday for the last couple of months. Google each vendor before you make a purchase. Certain vendors will have warnings from multiple sources. Do your homework before your buy. I can say that Caney Creek, Bears, Jacobs, and Bass Tackle have shipped out my purchases right away. This is only my personal experience and a little off topic. I like my Jacobs injector for single colors. I have an adapter that allows me to use the other injectors should I choose into the smaller sprue hole of the Jacobs molds. I would never buy another injector without a locking pin. I don't care how many people say they never have a problem with it. Just My Personal Opinion.