Nathan

John Hopkins Dvd

36 posts in this topic

I orderd Johns DVD last week and finally had a chance to watch it over the weekend.I've got to say it is a MUST have for any lure building library.The DVD deals only with PVC lures but alot of what is demonstrated could be used with wood, etc.

I've built lures for years and this really opened by eyes to new building and painting techniques.It can be orderd at: www.Johnscrankbait.com

Let me be one of the first to say well done John.Congratulations and thank you!!...Nathan

1 person likes this

Well I just bought it, I can't wait to watch it. The order says it comes with a pre cut blank that's ready to carve. Is the blank a swimbait blank? Or a crankbait? Thanks

I orderd Johns DVD last week and finally had a chance to watch it over the weekend.I've got to say it is a MUST have for any lure building library.The DVD deals only with PVC lures but alot of what is demonstrated could be used with wood, etc.

I've built lures for years and this really opened by eyes to new building and painting techniques.It can be orderd at: www.Johnscrankbait.com

Let me be one of the first to say well done John.Congratulations and thank you!!...Nathan

What Nathan said.

Ben

Got the dvd in the mail last night! I have watched it 3 times already, great video! Thanks John

jumpin on the band wagon. ordered it first thing this morning and cant wait to recieve it. I am personally kinda stuck and really want to see how someone else does the process. Also been considering buying it for a year maybe and just finally pulled the trigger. Hopefully i can make something half as nice as his

I probably made about 20 swimbaits, of which none of them swam right, prior to buying the DVD. The first one I built after watching it, swims great. The paint job was not so great! I will post a pic. Rob

Rob, looks good for the first try! how it swims is the key. color is secondary. i've done well with smallmouth here with a plain white bait.

1 person likes this

Just got my dvd in the mail the other day and am about to start working on the bait very soon. Thanks John. Also I will post up what I come with as well

in the process of moving and all my stuff is in storage. the house i'm buying is a "short sale" property and is taking a loooooong time to close. i'll post a notice when i am up and running again.

john

I orderd Johns DVD last week and finally had a chance to watch it over the weekend.I've got to say it is a MUST have for any lure building library.The DVD deals only with PVC lures but alot of what is demonstrated could be used with wood, etc. I've built lures for years and this really opened by eyes to new building and painting techniques.It can be orderd at: www.Johnscrankbait.com Let me be one of the first to say well done John.Congratulations and thank you!!...Nathan

Hi , do you know if John Hopkins is still building lures ?

Edited by fish sleep eat