Ron Burgundy

Bone Color

12 posts in this topic

I have just gotten started painting and have been learning as I go. I had a question that I thought someone on here could help with.

I'm trying to paint a bone color for a crank bait. I'm not sure what colors I need to mix together. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ron, this question has been asked several times here on TU. Do a search and you should find what you're looking for. However, the bone color that I use is Walmart's Almond in a spray can. I catch a lot of fish on it.

Gene

My bone is white with either a little yellow or a little grey. I like the yellow bone better. You can add some brown instead, too.

It's a "season to taste" kind of thing.

also look in the recipes cookbook at the top of this fourm it has alot of paint colors there too

1 person likes this

I did my first bone bait yesterday I added a little yellow to white it looked a little to yellow till I cleared the bait now it looks just like the bone color on the spooks I love so much

I did my first bone bait yesterday I added a little yellow to white it looked a little to yellow till I cleared the bait now it looks just like the bone color on the spooks I love so much

Great! What paints were you using?

Try createx white with a few drops of sunrise yellow.....play with the mix to get different shades of bone.....

Good luck, Brent

this mix was posted here so it is not my creation:

2 ozs of plain white: add 5-6 drops of brown-mix good

a few drops of gray-mix

a couple drops of yellow-mix

if too white add more brown

if too bright add gray

more yellow will give buttery tone

Yes I do the same.... white with a few drops of yeller... A decent Bone if you are lazy pick up some folkart at wallyworld in "Ivory". Reduce by atleast 50% and make sure to strain it with nylon. Metalic Champagne is an awesome off white kind of bony color too!