BrownPigs

Making Eyes

If you go to the how2 tutorials section-->Hardbait how to-->click the thread "my painting tutorial videos"-->post #12. That is where the video by Solarfall for making fish eyes is located. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks, that helps alot.

One more question. When you do large eyes like that they will still be mostly flattened. Anyone know how to makes eyes that big but basically have them be half a sphere. Looking to get a really buggy look. Almost like if I was to cut a marble in half kind of thickness.

Thanks, that helps alot.

One more question. When you do large eyes like that they will still be mostly flattened. Anyone know how to makes eyes that big but basically have them be half a sphere. Looking to get a really buggy look. Almost like if I was to cut a marble in half kind of thickness.

I would take a small plastic box fill it with the 100% silicone and water mix and push some marbles into it let it set up for a half hour and you would have your mold to make your eyes you could then use bondo or epoxy or casting resin to make them.

• Like 1

I would take a small plastic box fill it with the 100% silicone and water mix and push some marbles into it let it set up for a half hour and you would have your mold to make your eyes you could then use bondo or epoxy or casting resin to make them.

wouldn't you need a releasing agent of some sort for the epoxy?

Here is what I do. I use e-tex that is left over and pour it into my empty contact lens containers. I wear disposable contacts and keep them all. I usually make 6-10 at a time. Here is what they look like when I put them on lures.

lures3.jpg

Aren't you afraid the bait will see so well it can avoid the predators?

• Like 3

Well here is what I have just tried. I needed some super glue accelerater, so I stopped at hobbytown and got some. Took it to work, and it works really good. Anyways, I took a piece of label stuff that is like a sticker. Clored it red, and used a big hole punch to cut it out. Colored the pupil. Dropped about 10 drops of CA glue and hit it with accelerater. It actually looks pretty good. And it stayed round, as opposed to flattening out. Rob

Pete,

You are the first person I've seen who uses a convex bill, where the edges are lower than the middle.

How does that bill shape affect the lure's action?

Well that's a hell of a good question! ;)

I'm not a great writer usually, but like Mark, I'm really curious about this lip shape!

Also Pete, I think you are a great painter,

I wonder if, by any chance, you may have a website or an internet gallery where we could see your works?

Thanks by advance, and keep crafting!

Pete,

You are the first person I've seen who uses a convex bill, where the edges are lower than the middle.

How does that bill shape affect the lure's action?

Hi Mark-- the concave is a wide, slow action and goes to 7-8' (slow troll)- The concave is a tight/ fast action and goes to about15' (slow troll) ---before forming the original flat lip would be somewhere in between--I like it because you can use the same lip for different actions/depths, just turn it upside down.

LaSnapse--thanks for the compliament, it is appreciated.--- If you click on 'Hazmail' and then click 'gallery', there are a lot of pictures there, mostly older ones.

Pete