bassassassin85

Looking For A Hard Clear Coat For Reel

Hi I just painted my revo sx with some auto air and cleared it with a rattlecan, last time ill do that. The clear is now a couple days old and seems to be soft still i followed exact instructions on the can i just don't think its the quality i was looking for, for durability purposes. Im green at this airbrushing and custom stuff to tackle and reels and was wondering who on here has had great success with a durable clear coat that i can count on. I know i have put enough coats on it to wet sand and if need be ill redo the paint job. any insight would be great and fully appreciated. thanks, jim

you can use flex coat from mudhole.com, I use it on rods and baits and it works great, the biggest issue you will have is that you will need to turn it the whole time that it is drying so it wont all gather on one side or drip off, you can use envirotex or diamond two part finish, but you will have the same problem, what you will end up with though is a tough and thick finish (it would take two hundred coats of clear to equal this).

good luck