bassbum85

Wire For Swimbaits

Galvanizing is there to help regular steel hold up better to the elements. I've never seen it used in swimbaits before. Over time the galvanized coating will break down if exposed. The metal under will eventually rust especially if you use the metal for joints or hook hangars.

I think the benefits of using stainless out weigh anything that galvanizing has to offer. Higher grade stainless will not rust and it is stronger.

• Like 1

I use stainless everything for my Swimbaits, that way I know I have the best possible items in terms of quality, as mentioned previously SS Steel is very strong for it's diameter.

Helen and Rollies Musky Shop is a very good source ofr stainless wire and large stainless screw eyes.

Use stainless, you don't have to use the tempered wire unless you want to, I use mostly the ductile stainless for balsa crankbait harnesses, there is no reason to use galvanized, as it will rust eventually. I've used brass, and copper too, but the ductile stainless is stronger.