idahobass96

Devcon

If you use devcon you dont need a drying wheel.. if you need a drying wheel using devcon your applying too much epoxy.. which over time will do nothing more than crack your finish.. if you apply the proper amount of devcon 30 min epoxy all you have to do is put your bait on paper clip and hang it to dry. if you have runs.. you applied too much epoxy. Do 5 or 6 baits with thinner coats and you will get the hang of it.. I have made over 5,000 lures maybe more.. and have yet to ever use a drying wheel. I see why guys have them.. Im just too lazy to make one.

Remember in Paint and Clear coat.. THINNER IS BETTER! not thicker.

Good luck

Tater

Like Bob said, 30 min. is enough time to where the lure should not need turning anymore. HOWEVER, it will not be dry enough to touch. I like to let the lure dry for 12 hrs. before I use it. Personally I never thin Devcon. I only apply one coat to the lure. I personally feel that Devcon will not crack and peel just because you use a thick coat of it. If Devcon cracks an peels then you either did something wrong preparing or applying it, threw it into something that you should not have, or water got to the wood on a bait because it was not completely sealed causing the bait to swell and crack the Devcon.

Skeeter