Gambler1

Winding Checks

Im getting ready to order a rod kit from mud hole and wanted to put the aluminum winding checks and reel seat insert on it, its one of the MAG BASS MHX kits but it dosent say anywhere what size the reel seat is. 16-17, anybody done one of these? The same for the aluminum winding checks it dosent say what size I need for that blank. As you can tell this is my first rod build, I already make all my own plastics and im going to spend close to a grand in a wrapper and start up supplies I just want to make sure I get the right parts.

Any help would be great.

I don't order checks until I have the blank.

I would guess they'll be sending you the right sized seat if this is a kit. But exposed blank seats are something I don't order until I have the blank either.

I suppose its possible they may measure for you if you ask and get the right checks for you.

Also...to even have half of chance of anyone answering here what size you should get, you'd have to mention what model blank. They all have different dimensions and an MB842 will have very different dimensions than an MB844.

Personally...I want the blank in my hands so that I can make the measurements where I want them to be made and order the right materials myself.