Kris

Suggestions For Fishing Trip ...

We are planning a fishing trip to Guntersville, Alabama in early June. I haven't fished that lake in like 4 years.

I was wondering if anyone here who fishes that lake could give me some advice on color and/or patterns that work on Guntersville.

Would like to paint some baits up to try on the trip.

Thanks.

Edited by Kris

i havent fished guntersville in a few years myself (gas keeps me closer to home) but what we did then was fish heavy jigs (3/4oz) in the grass with paca chunks on them. One of the guys i know around here fishes there a lil more often and he said the same thing still works well often but with a "biffle head" jig and a paca craw or lizard. as far as cranks go the main one i know of is a red rattle trap under the bridges and such but thats mostly in cold weather - i have had some guys who fish there ask me to paint up some white bodies with either blue or lime green backs for summer fishing but im not sure if its for there or the other lakes they fish with much more stained water - they also fish alot more up torward stevetson alabama near the steam plant there than on the lower end by guntersville and the state park

ill try and find out a lil more if i can when i go to work tomorow