oldtoolsniper

Mixing Powder Paint To Change Color?

You can mix what ever colors you want to achieve secondary colors. The only thing about mixing two colors together is that it will never be a true pigment. What I mean by that is if you mix a blue and yellow to closely match a green you bought, it will never be exactly the same green you bought. The green that you bought prior is made from a colored pigment, the green you are mixing is from two colors. So in reality it's no big deal since we are making jigs, and the fish really don't care. Just make sure you right down your ratios once you find the grey you are looking for, so you can duplicate it again on some other day.

The jig looks great. I was wondering if you take your own pictures, they look great, and so does your web site.

Thanks. Yes I do take my own pictures. I'm trying to get my site updated to all the newer since I figured out how to take em a little better. I use a Nikon coolpix camera and a homemade light box and gimp free editing software. Photoshop probably can do a lot more, just don't care to spend the money on it. I just read all I could find on the interent and went from there.

Like everone has said it does work. However sometimes it isnt what you expected. I mixed black and white once to make a grey like you are talking about. In my case i got grey but upon closer inspection actually got a covering of lots of little black and grey dots where the paint didnt completely mix pigments after curing. Looks better in my opinion than stanard solid colors... More lifelike anyway.

Anouther neat color:

Roakill

Coat jig with gold vein powder paint and tap off excess.

While still hot (or reheat slightly but not to the point of separation of the colors like the gold vein is ment to do) dip into green pumpkin (custom mix) or dark watermellon (netcraft) so as to tint the black appearing gold vein slightly green.

Cure.

Finished result is a greenish bait with a gold cast in the right light. A kind of irredecant metallic green pumpkin close to reation innovations roadkill.