cintaskevin

Looking For Squid Scent

22 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

Do you add scent to your plastics before you pour them, or only once they're poured and in the bag?

Mark it's been so long since I've made a bait, I'm not completely sure.  If I'm not mistaken, I stayed away from anything Pro Cure that read, "Gel."  If it was a sauce or oil, I would put it in the plastic.  Memory serves me right, any gel made a mess of the plastic.  Nowadays when I fish, I just put the scent on my baits. 

8 hours ago, alsworms said:

Mark it's been so long since I've made a bait, I'm not completely sure.  If I'm not mistaken, I stayed away from anything Pro Cure that read, "Gel."  If it was a sauce or oil, I would put it in the plastic.  Memory serves me right, any gel made a mess of the plastic.  Nowadays when I fish, I just put the scent on my baits. 

Thanks.

On the adding of Pro Cure scents to the plastic. I tried adding their Crawfish Bait Sauce (it's oil based) to the plastic and it made the plastic burn.

I thought maybe I wasn't paying enough attention and I just let the plastic get too hot, so I tried it again, with the same results.

I just add it to the bags now. Love the stuff, just not going to try cooking it in anymore.