Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bass01

Megabass Wakasagi Color

9 posts in this topic

i am having a hard time getting the back color of the Wakasagi seems like kinda of a green gold avacodo. Thanks BASS01

Not to complicate life, but if you go to Tackle Warehouse and look at their Vision 110 jerkbaits, you'll see 7 different versions of Wakasagi: GG, GG Flashing, HT-ITO, HT HAKONE, ITO, MG, AND STEALTH. Most have some kind of translucent brown/olive back and often some translucent purple on the sides. Wakasagi is a Japanese smelt.

yes its the brown olive back like HT-ITO. each time I mix it the color I cant get the golden tint that those lures have as well

have you tried doing it in 2 steps? like painting it green and then going over it with light coats of a tranparent or candy yellow? ive done some similar to that and it can take on a more golden green color

looking at the lure it looks like i would paint gold first then the green color next as it has a gold hue lower on the sides of the bait then blends to the green color on top

Edited by crankpaint

Try using a very light coat of metalic gold. When I do it, I hold the brush at least 6" from the bait, so I get a fog coat.