chuck9012

Newbie Question

you could glue a glass rattle(like you put in plastic worms ect.) to the wire hook hanger so its in the bait when you pour the plug,or just drill a hole and insert the rattle and fill the hole?but if its a popping plug the sound it makes when popped would be the attracting sound so why the rattle?

Edited by crankpaint

Could you modify your mold to include a chamber that would allow for placing bb's in the void? I have a few poopers that rattle (and a few that don't... the ones that don't outcatch the ones that do 3 to 1 BTW...) and like Crankpaint I always kinda wondered why... If the churgle from the pop is the attraction why add a rattle?

Drill a hole into the bait where you want to add your rattle. Insert the rattle into the hole after putting in your glue or epoxy to hold it in place. Try to keep the hole in the center of your bait. Fill your hole in after the rattle is inserted with epoxy and sand it down to make it flush to the rest of the bait.

Drill a hole into the bait where you want to add your rattle. Insert the rattle into the hole after putting in your glue or epoxy to hold it in place. Try to keep the hole in the center of your bait. Fill your hole in after the rattle is inserted with epoxy and sand it down to make it flush to the rest of the bait.

That's what I do. I use glass worm rattles for a more subtle rattle, drill a hole that just fits the rattle, and then anchor it with a drop of superglue.

After that, I fill with bondo and sand to shape.