garyo1954

Friday! Or What I Did With $15

11 posts in this topic

Garage Sale! Got to love them. Picked up a complete rotisserie, well okay, 99% complete. The rest of the grill was missing.

But for $15 I'm happy!

DSCN4430.jpg

The small one was just a printer rod with clothes pins hot glued to it, turned by a battery operated drill. I planned to used that base but....

DSCN4431.jpg

BIG difference in the length of the rods. So I built another one.

For the time being I routed a groove in a scrap of 1 X 1 1/4 and attached it with tie wraps.

DSCN4435.jpg

Need to pick up some alligator clips and attach those. And should be good to get some of these little projects finished.

And come July I can cut those tie wraps put a roast on it and set it outside!

2 people like this

Nice. I need to build one for myself, but as long as I am only doing a couple of baits at a time I really don't need one.

You might try mounting two opposing plywood discs, like a ferris wheel, and suspending your bigger lures between them.

You might try mounting two opposing plywood discs, like a ferris wheel, and suspending your bigger lures between them.

LOL! Perfect idea! Best way I can think of to cook those chicken nuggets this summer! 8O

Sounds like you got a great deal although make sure that you run it for a day or so with weight on it. Last week I purchased an older one at a sale only to have the motor stop halfway through my batch. Luckily the epoxy was set up enough that there were no runs.

Good luck!

how does it work with that square shaft?  I'm picturing a square wheel on a car.  How does it spin properly?  I have a rotisserie just like that one.

how does it work with that square shaft?  I'm picturing a square wheel on a car.  How does it spin properly?  I have a rotisserie just like that one.

The hole in the motor is square, too.

I used the meat holders to attach my plywood "wheels" to the shaft.   They have a thumb turn set screw.  I drilled four holes that lined up with the tines on the meat holder, pushed them through the holes, and bent them down on the other side, tight.

That let me use the thumb turn screw to adjust how far apart on the shaft the wheels are set.

Be sure and balance whatever bait you turn with a similar weight on the other side.  Rotisserie motors aren't strong, and an eccentric load will make the wear out quickly.

Edited by mark poulson