Some time ago I boasted (although i really didn't mean it as such at the time...) that I would have pictures of my first bait up shortly.... Well, I finally got one finished to the point that I sealed it with D2T
and hung some hooks on it. Merrily, I trotted off to a local lake to test it out to see if it would run right... It did. The problem is, that's all it does is run to the right!! As a bait... This thing is a FAIL!! As a learning tool however, this little monstrosity is nothing short of a spectacular success... I made enough mistakes on this one lure to fill a book but the good news is that I also learned enough to fill another book. I may, at some point in the future, to go back and fix some of the obvious mistakes and try to salvage this puppy but as it stands this one is the first to go on my "wall of shame" and I couldn't be more proud!
I wanted to thank all of you who have gone before and been through this stage because one of the most valuable things here at TU
really has been the search function. Every question (diving bill construction, placement... Ballast location... Line tie questions... You get the picture) I have come up with, and many I didn't even know I'd have(!!) have already been addressed by someone (or several someone's) in years past. There may be no hope for lure #1 but lure #2 and every lure beyond will benefit from what I am learning here.
Edited by bluetickhound, 21 May 2012 - 11:45 AM.