EdL

Pumpkinseed Orange Spot Painting How To?

9 posts in this topic

A while back Ithought I saw a tutorial or a description of how to paint those orange spots on a sunfish. As I recall it showed using a q-tip or brush to put the orange color on the bait and then maybe putting a drop or small dab of water to wash the color out a bit for more realistic effect. I've used the search on this forum and other forums till I'm thinking I must have dreamed this up. Anybody know where such a post or thread might be? Thanks.

Possibly in the hard bait cookbook thread? There seemed to be a lot of recipes for various paint schemes there.

Thanks Bluetickhound. Thats the one -Hazmail's Nemo Blob how to.

I can't believe it was right there- D'oh. Guess my wife is right after all when she tells me to really look under something just don't pick it up and put it down. But I don't let her go near my shop. I sure enough won't find the tool I need cause I know where everything is. Thanks again.

Glad to help. There also a great thread on color schemes for sunfish I dredged up on the search function.

Your right. I searched using keywords - pumpkinseed, sunfish, panfish, redear but not Nemo . And there are some guys that can flat out do some amazing work. Looks better than the real deal.

I always try to use the search function before asking on a thread but this one got me. Searched the whole forum, subforum and How-to subforum. Even searched the internet on fish carving and taxidermy sites. But sometimes the key is using the right search word or words. But one thing for sure - just ask for help on this forum. There are some great support out there. This makes this my main website.

I did a search for the same thing and i still can't find the info i'm looking for....if you can help out, i would be a thankin you....

Thanks Ben....sometimes i feel like a dumb azzzzzzzzz

No problem. We all have those Homer Simpson moments every now and then. At least I do.