LETerDIG

Finally Found Good Scale

alrighty guys, a few weeks ago I had ask for some help finding a scale and some tips on my brush. After many good tips.. And me buying a ton of stuff to cut apart.. Ordering different meshes.. I finally walked right past the best scale I have ever bought and wanted to share it with you guys...

Pull over full face mesquite netting.. Made by Coleman and sold @ walmart for a couple bucks.. And one does around 15 crankbaits or so of big plugs.. Of course one plug per cut piece..

I am still an amateur by far.. But as soon as I get on here with my computer I shall upload a picture.. Silly iPhone don't cut the mustard on posting pics!

I use the white tulle from wally world and it is kinda stiff, I sometimes have a hard time getting it to lay flat around the tail. maybe the dye softens it up?

I'm not sure what it is, and it may not hold true for blue tulle from another retailer, but the blue stuff from Hobby Lobby definitely works better for me.

Ben

I'm not sure what it is, and it may not hold true for blue tulle from another retailer, but the blue stuff from Hobby Lobby definitely works better for me.

Ben

Which shade did you find most pliable. The HobLob I go to here in Fayettville Ga has light (like baby blue) and a darker shade, like a "true blue"...

Heat will also soften some types of netting. Try dipping some into boiling water for a few seconds at a time. Between dips roll it around in your hands in such a way as to continually fold it back onto itself. I tried this with some netting I was using before I found the stuff at Hobby Lobby. It helped to soften it up some, but since I started using the baby blue tulle from H.L. I haven't needed to do this.

Ben

heres what i do. for fine scale i go to dollar store. in there outdoor/barbecue section they have head nets for bugs. that scale is excellent for fine scale. on the larger netting scale try their laundry bags 1 buck buys great scale. hope this helps someone out