markinorf

Uv Cured Topcoat

I have never used this process and don't know much about it, but there were some discussions on this topic here at TU a while back. Have you tried doing a search on it? One of the things I do remember being discussed was the intensity of the black light needed to cure the coating. If you can find any of the threads I'm sure it would be "enlightening". :lol::lol::lol:

Ben

If you Google "uv cure glue" you'll get quite a few hits. Some of them cost $25/oz. Performance-wise, I haven't seen comparisons to available topcoats. Yeah, it would be neat to coat a lure, shoot it with a UV light and voila, but so far I don't see anything indicating that it's practical.

Yeah, Ive done a few searches in the past and found prices were mostly available by quotes only, wich says "moocho dooonaro" to me without even knowing for sure. Just a hunch.

Looks like youd have to be in the game at a very high level to go out and tool up. Hopefully it pans out like flat screen TV's, and the price becomes do-able. I probably will be setting a hook in the "great beyond" by then.....

Thanx.

http://www.tanninglamps4less.com/uvcuring.html

http://www.solarez.com/productsnew/products.html

Im looking hard at this. Look for the testimonial on uv curing fishing lures. A guys has a home built a rig for under 200$ I know from the quotes I got that the resin is about twice the cost of DN or D2T. But, the health hazards of DN and the time for both to cure mite be worth the investment for a mom and pop shop.

I will try this at some point, even if I have to sink my own money into it.

The quote I got from Dymax is 100 for a litre. Thats twice the cost per bait compared to baby sitting D2T and wearing a mask for the DN. Ive gotten my quota of fumes a long time ago, and water based aint doing the job either.So...